Entrepreneurship & Innovation Pathway
To receive an award through the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Pathway a student must engage in voluntary work with a start-up organisation or another activity that encourages the development of Entrepreneurial and Innovation skills.
Throughout semesters one and two we will be promoting opportunities to support start-ups through the UCC IGNITE programme (IGNITE is an international award-winning business incubation programme supporting recent graduate entrepreneurs to turn good ideas into great businesses). You can also approach a start-up yourself and ask them if you could support them as part of the UCC EmployAgility Awards.
- Approach a start-up you would like to work with and dedicate 20 hours of your time to working with them.
- Record your hours and note your development on your Hours Log.
- Update your CV with details of your activity and gain a score of 70% on CareerSet
- Complete and submit your Reflective Report by midnight, Tuesday 28th February.
- You must upload your Hours Log and CV to your Reflective Report.
- Our team willl confirm with your activity provider that you have dedicated a minimum of 20 hours to the activity. Please provide the contact details of someone we can confirm your hours with.
The Reflective Report:
- Provide your contact details, student number, course details and select the award pathway you are applying for.
- Ensure you update your CV before submission. Find some helpful tips and hints here.
- Select four of the ten attributes and values you developed throughout the experience and feed back on how you developed them in the relevant text boxes. You can learn more about UCC's graduate attributes and values here.
- Find a sample reflective report here.
Note: If you are applying for more than one award through multiple pathways, you will need to submit a reflective report for each pathway.