In4Kids is the first clinical trial network in Ireland to focus on children's health.Read more
News and Views
27 Jan 2023
25 Jan 2023
Leading experts from several scientific disciplines find flaws in studies that suggest the existence of a “foetal microbiome.”Read more
24 Jan 2023
- Today is International Day of Education
- Dr Niamh O’Mahoney has received the Garret Fitzgerald Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Higher Education Studies for a project on enhancing the learning experience of neurodiverse students in third level STEM education.
- The scope of this study is developing teaching and learning techniques for dyslexic students.
- The project will be based at a state-of-the-art Science Studio at UCC and will revolutionise how neurodiverse and neurotypical individuals are taught STEM subjects.
20 Jan 2023
239 Entrance Scholarships were awarded to first year students last night in University College Cork (UCC).
Entrance Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement in the school leaving examinations. Students represented 115 schools in Ireland and 1 school in Poland.Read more
13 Jan 2023
- Minister Michael McGrath TD is guest of honour at UCC’s ‘New Connections: The Impact’ Conference
- Over 40 collaborative projects funded by UCC College of Science, Engineering, and Food Science
11 Jan 2023
• Researchers discover that loss of consciousness during seizures is caused by four types of neurons.Read more
• The research could help predict seizures before they happen.
• Led by researchers at University College Cork and Yale University, the discovery could improve the lives of people with epilepsy.
09 Jan 2023
University College Cork (UCC) and Munster Technological University (MTU) have signed Healthy Campus charters for their respective institutions at a gathering at UCC, pledging to make our campuses healthier places to study, work, and research the wellbeing of future generations.Read more
03 Jan 2023
Advances in 6G Wireless-Photonic Networking, energy for ‘the internet of everything’ and a facility for the rapid development of microbial bioprocesses for the food and bioeconomy sectors are just some of the projects at University College Cork (UCC) and the Tyndall National Institute that have been awarded over €12.5m in research funding.Read more
21 Dec 2022
Three men who experienced prison life, have created ‘life after prison maps' of Cork that reveal a personal picture of homelessness in the city.Read more
21 Dec 2022
In recent years University College Cork (UCC) has formed strong collaborations with universities and community organisations in Latin America and the Caribbean, and its most recent evidence of this is in Colombia.Read more