- The report outlines ten recommendations
News and Views
First Irish study on experiences of those stalked or harassed is published21 Mar 2023
Launch of UCC and Matheson Innovation Partnership23 Mar 2023
- New law and technology partnership will support a culture of innovation
UCC subjects ranked in world’s top 10022 Mar 2023
- QS subject rankings are published today.
- Nursing, Law, Agriculture and Forestry, Anatomy and Physiology all ranked first in Ireland.
UCC first Cork GAA club to give Bystander Intervention training to members21 Mar 2023
- Bystander intervention to move from lecture halls to dressing rooms as part of pilot project
- UCC GAA first club to receive training which will be rolled out to pilot clubs in Cork
- UCC GAA welcomed to GAA Healthy Club scheme by President Larry McCarthy
Future-proofing European cities: UNIC alliance launches international master’s programme, ‘Redesigning the Post-Industrial City’15 Mar 2023
- ‘Redesigning the Post-Industrial City’ (RePIC) is a joint master’s programme for those interested in reconceptualising the civic, cultural, and social fabric of post-industrial cities.
- The programme will deliver cross-disciplinary research and teaching with insights from leading European academics and cultural partners as part of the UNIC European University Alliance.
- UCC will collaborate with Cork City Council and local civic, arts, and cultural organisations to bring contemporary urban challenges and solutions to life.
- RePIC students will live and study in up to three universities over two years.
UCC graduate honoured with SFI St Patrick’s Day Science Medal15 Mar 2023
- Dr Paul K. Whelton was recognised for outstanding achievements in his research studies on blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases.
- Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD presented the award at event in Washington DC.
Four trailblazing start-up prospects secure €3.27m Enterprise Ireland funding13 Mar 2023
- Four women founders awarded €3.27m from Enterprise Ireland.
- The MedTech start-ups are shaping the future of healthcare.
- Women-led start-ups are pushing the bar higher each year according to new report.
UCC scientist presented with prestigious international prize at US ceremony09 Mar 2023
- UCC Professor of Quantum Physics awarded prestigious Buckley Prize in US ceremony last night
- Prof. Seamus Davis’ award recognises ground-breaking work on quantum telescope
- Quantum science is the next great step in computing, Davis predicts
Major ornithological conference to be held in Cork08 Mar 2023
- UCC President and Ornithologist to open conference
Ireland’s woodlands to become ‘living classrooms’ following successful pilot project06 Mar 2023
- Tree Explorer project at UCC arboretum to go nationwide in partnership with Coillte, OPW, and Tree Council of Ireland.
- Four UCC projects awarded a combined €451,000 in the Science Foundation Ireland Discover Programme.
- Research projects will focus on improving diversity and inclusion in STEM education for less-represented voices and groups.