- Emma Coffey won Enterprise Ireland’s top prize for her sustainable sportswear company, FinalBend.
UCC student wins Student Entrepreneur of the Year09 Jun 2023
Cerebral Palsy Foundation awards €1.6 million funding to University College Cork to support cerebral palsy education and research06 Jun 2023
- Funding of €1.6 million will support UCC’s appointment of a Chair in Early Brain Injury and Cerebral Palsy.
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Chair will lead research in early brain injury and cerebral palsy at the Irish Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research (INFANT), UCC.
UCC commitment to lifelong learning recognised by UNESCO06 Jun 2023
- University College Cork is the only European case study in UNESCO international report on lifelong learning
- Authors say case studies “demonstrate a strong commitment towards lifelong learning, and a track record of implementing it”.
- UCC’s lifelong learning programme drives UNESCO’s commitment to leave no one behind
UCC celebrates excellence in research and innovation02 Jun 2023
Climate scientists, the developers of the medicines of tomorrow, budding entrepreneurs and partners with communities were among the researchers to have their contributions to research and innovation honoured at the 2022 University College Cork (UCC) Research Awards, held at Devere Hall on Thursday, June 1.Read more
UCC rises in THE Impact Rankings01 Jun 2023
- UCC up to 58th of 1,591 universities in Times Higher Education Impact Rankings.
- UCC ranked within the top 20 globally in two of the rankings’ 17 categories.
- UCC went plastic free this year - 287,500 fewer cups and 12,250 fewer plastic bottles in first issued on campus in four months of 2023 compared to same period last year.
UCC study to tackle speech and language gap of children from under-resourced areas31 May 2023
- 'Happy Talk' will address the speech and language skills of preschool and early school aged children.
- The UCC study is among 12 projects to receive an investment of €10.2 million from the HRB.
SFI funded UCC project will enable pupil led research in air quality studies around their schools30 May 2023
- Seven UCC projects awarded a combined €5,464,481 in the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Frontiers for the Future programme.
- Funding of these research projects will address researcher funding gender imbalance and supporting researchers returning from leave.
UCC scholarship recognised as academics elected to Royal Irish Academy26 May 2023
Two professors from University College Cork (UCC) were today elected to the Royal Irish Academy (RIA), the highest academic honour in Ireland.Read more
Good Friday Agreement event to occur in Cork19 May 2023
- Professor Brendan O’Leary, Eileen Weir and Danny McCoy are among the experts due to address the event.
UCC develops intellectual disability inclusion training for higher education sector18 May 2023
- UCC launches new online training for staff teaching in higher education who want to develop their skills in inclusive education.