- Funding of €1.6 million will support UCC’s appointment of a Chair in Early Brain Injury and Cerebral Palsy.
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Chair will lead research in early brain injury and cerebral palsy at the Irish Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research (INFANT), UCC.
Cerebral Palsy Foundation awards €1.6 million funding to University College Cork to support cerebral palsy education and research06 Jun 2023
02 Jun 2023
Climate scientists, the developers of the medicines of tomorrow, budding entrepreneurs and partners with communities were among the researchers to have their contributions to research and innovation honoured at the 2022 University College Cork (UCC) Research Awards, held at Devere Hall on Thursday, June 1.Read more
30 May 2023
- Seven UCC projects awarded a combined €5,464,481 in the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Frontiers for the Future programme.
- Funding of these research projects will address researcher funding gender imbalance and supporting researchers returning from leave.
01 Jun 2023
- UCC up to 58th of 1,591 universities in Times Higher Education Impact Rankings.
- UCC ranked within the top 20 globally in two of the rankings’ 17 categories.
- UCC went plastic free this year - 287,500 fewer cups and 12,250 fewer plastic bottles in first issued on campus in four months of 2023 compared to same period last year.
31 May 2023
- 'Happy Talk' will address the speech and language skills of preschool and early school aged children.
- The UCC study is among 12 projects to receive an investment of €10.2 million from the HRB.
08 May 2023
- The School of Clinical Therapies, the School of Mathematical Sciences and the School of Computer Science and Information Technology receive awards for gender practice.
- UCC now has 17 Athena SWAN Departmental Bronze Awards.
26 May 2023
Two professors from University College Cork (UCC) were today elected to the Royal Irish Academy (RIA), the highest academic honour in Ireland.Read more
19 May 2023
- Professor Brendan O’Leary, Eileen Weir and Danny McCoy are among the experts due to address the event.
18 May 2023
- UCC launches new online training for staff teaching in higher education who want to develop their skills in inclusive education.
16 May 2023
- New film careers programme for transition year students developed by Lord David Puttnam.
- Film industry experts gathered at UCC to meet students and teachers.