What career would suit me?
Develop and Grow
Your degree is just one side of the coin. Your time at UCC is an opportunity to develop Graduate Attributes that equip you with personal, professional and life skills.
Engage in college life: Getting fully involved in campus life and all it has to offer will help you to grow and develop skills which increase your employability and readiness for the world of work. The experiences you gain can help to guide your future career.
Make friends, develop, and build networks while you are in UCC by getting involved in clubs, societies, and campus initiatives to gain an understanding of different career sectors, be aware of upcoming opportunities, and develop the social skills you will need to launch your career.
- Join at least one club and/or society, and get involved in their activities
- Have an impressive online presence
- Get experience by engaging with UCC EmployAgility Why not undertake an Internship or Voluntary role to explore your options?
Learn about yourself by taking a career profiling assessment: Profiling For Success and talking to a Career Consultant; current students and recent graduates (up to one year since graduation) can avail of a free consultaiton here
Know your Career Options
- Attend Career Services Events and engage with employers. These fairs, roadshows and presentations provide ideal opportunities to explore different sectors and meet the employers that hire UCC graduates
- Consider and explore options for postgraduate study
- Find out the career paths graduates took
- Review GradIreland sectors guide