To receive an award through the Research Pathway a student must engage in voluntary research for a campus organisation or department. The research project cannot be accredited and you cannot be in receipt of funding or a prize.
- Approach a campus department or organisation with your request to complete a research project for them and inquire if they have a piece of research or a topic you could investigate for them. If they are agreeable, you will need to dedicate 20 hours of your time to working with them.
- Record your hours and note your development on the Hours Log excel sheet
- Update your CV with details of your activity and gain a score of 70% on CareerSet
- Complete and submit your Reflective Report by midnight, Tuesday 28th February.
- You must upload your Hours Log and CV to your Reflective Report.
- Our team willl confirm with your activity provider that you have dedicated a minimum of 20 hours to the activity. Provide contact details for your provider on your reflective report.
The Reflective Report:
- Provide your contact details, student number, course details and select the award pathway you are applying for.
- Ensure you update your CV before submission. Find some helpful tips and hints here.
- Select four of the ten attributes and values you developed throughout the experience and feed back on how you developed them in the relevant text boxes. You can learn more about UCC's graduate attributes and values here.
- Find a sample reflective report here.
- Note: If you are applying for more than one award through multiple pathways, you will need to submit a reflective report for each pathway.