To receive an award through the Research Pathway a student must engage in voluntary research for a campus organisation or department. The research project cannot be accredited and you cannot be in receipt of funding or a prize.
- Approach a campus department or organisation with your request to complete a research project for them and inquire if they have a piece of research or a topic you could investigate for them. If they are agreeable, they will need to complete the Research Pathway Providers Form.
- If applying for a research project advertised by the UCC EmployAgility Awards team, please follow the instructions and apply as directed. You will be contacted by the research project provider after you make your application. Apply for the role as you would a job and be advised that you may be called for an interview. Opportunities will be advertised here throughout the year so keep an eye on the website.
- Once you have secured a research opportunity, please enroll your participation in the UCC EmployAgility Awards programme on the dedicated Canvas space.
- Once you have found a piece of research to investigate and have enrolled in the EmployAgility Canvas space, you can start logging your hours.
- Download and complete your EmployAgility Awards Hours Log as you dedicate hours to your activity/initiative.
- Dedicate 30 hours to your chosen activity and log your hours (if you are short up to 10 hours, please complete the Canvas Modules in their entirety.)
Semester 2: Your Submissions:
- Record your hours and note your development on the Hours Log excel sheet.
- Update your CV and gain a score of 70% on CareerSet.
- Complete and submit your Reflective Report
Update and submit your CV, including details of the initiative you participated in and the skills you developed. There is content available on the Canvas space to support you in updating your CV. You can also use our CareerSet AI-based CV review tool before you submit.