To receive an award through the Research Pathway a student must engage in voluntary research for a campus organisation or department. The research project cannot be accredited and you cannot be in receipt of funding or a prize.
- Approach a campus department or organisation with your request to complete a research project for them and inquire if they have a piece of research or a topic you could investigate for them. If they are agreeable, they will need to complete the Research Pathway Providers Form.
- If applying for a research project advertised by the UCC EmployAgility Awards team, please follow the instructions and apply as directed. You will be contacted by the research project provider after you make your application. Apply for the role as you would a job and be advised that you may be called for an interview. Opportunities will be advertised here throughout the year so keep an eye on the website.
- Once you have secured a research opportunity, please enroll your participation in the UCC EmployAgility Awards programme on the dedicated Canvas space.
- Once you have found a piece of research to investigate and have enrolled in the EmployAgility Canvas space, you can start logging your hours.
- Download and complete your EmployAgility Awards Hours Log as you dedicate hours to your activity/initiative.
- Dedicate 40 hours to your activity OR dedicate 30 hours and complete the EmployAgility Awards Canvas course in its entirety. If you are short a couple of hours but complete the Canvas course, we will award you. You can complete your hours between 13th September 2021 and early March 2022 (you can backlog hours already completed in September once you note them on your hours' log)
Semester 2: Your Submissions:
- In Semester 2 you will need to complete a Reflective Report. This will appear as an assignment in the Canvas space where you will find content that will help you understand reflection and how to identify the skills and attributes you developed throughout your experience. There is a column in the Hours Log where you can input notes on your experiences, these notes will help you complete your reflective report.
- Update and submit your CV, including details of the initiative you participated in and the skills you developed. There is content available on the Canvas space to support you in updating your CV. You can also use our CareerSet AI-based CV review tool before you submit.