Student Life Pathway
Students wishing to receive their award through the Student Life pathway can get involved in the Students Union, Societies, Clubs, UCC Peer Support, UCC Initiatives such as UCC Health Matters, or by becoming a Class Rep.
How to secure an activity/initiative:
Students should get in contact with the various individuals responsible for each of the student life activities. Once you have agreed with the contact person that you will participate in their initiative, please enrol your participation in the UCC EmployAgility Awards programme on the dedicated Canvas space.
- Once you have found an activity to participate in and have enrolled in the EmployAgility Canvas space, you can start logging your hours.
- Download and complete your EmployAgility Awards Hours Log as you dedicate hours to your activity/initiative.
- Dedicate 40 hours to your activity OR dedicate 30 hours and complete the EmployAgility Awards Canvas course in its entirety. If you are short a couple of hours but complete the Canvas course, we will award you. You can complete your hours between 13th September 2021 and early March 2022 (you can backlog hours already completed in September once you note them on your hours' log)
Semester 2: Your Submissions:
- In Semester 2 you will need to complete a Reflective Report. This will appear as an assignment in the Canvas space where you will find content that will help you understand reflection and how to identify the skills and attributes you developed throughout your experience. There is a column in the Hours Log where you can input notes on your experiences, these notes will help you complete your reflective report.
- Update and submit your CV, including details of the initiative you participated in and the skills you developed. There is content available on the Canvas space to support you in updating your CV. You can also use our CareerSet AI-based CV review tool before you submit.