Employers, welcome to the Work Placement Website
What is Placement?
Placement is a three-way partnership between the employer, the University and the student. It gives you the chance to recruit a valuable source of skilled labour for your business and provides a flexible solution to your recruitment needs.
Work Placement Managers, based in UCC’s Careers Service, are responsible for the management and development of programmes within the College of Business and Law, the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences, and the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science.
A number of other Placement programmes, including Business Information Systems, are managed directly by UCC academic departments and information on these can be obtained from the relevant academic staff.
How does it work?
- Recruitment of work placement students usually begins in September each year.
- Students must accept their first offer of placement, so we encourage employers to inform us of any placement requirements as early as you can. This ensures that you have access to the largest available candidate pool.
- Interviews are organised by the Placement office on your behalf.
- When you have selected your preferred candidate, please inform the relevant Placement Manager and your chosen student is then allocated to you for placement.
- You can find more information in our Work Placement Brochure 2020-21