The UCC EmployAgility Awards Internship Pathway is a period of unpaid work experience in a UCC Campus organisation or department.
- This organisation or department must be an approved UCC EmployAgility Award internship provider.
- Some organisations and departments are already approved.
- If the organisation or department is not already an approved organisation, they must fill in the Expression of Interest for Internship Providers to become an accredited UCC EmployAgility Award internship provider. Once the form is received, the UCC EmployAgility Award Coordinators will review the application and will contact the organisation to approve or reject their application.
- Once you have secured your Internship, enroll in the UCC EmployAgility Awards Canvas space.
- A skills-based CV is a usual requirement for applying for an internship and the majority of internship positions require the student to attend an interview. More information on creating a CV can be found here. Students should approach the interviewing process for UCC EmployAgility Awards internship positions the same as if they were applying for a paid position within an organisation.
- Once you have found an internship and have enrolled in the EmployAgility Canvas space, you can start logging your hours.
- Download and complete your EmployAgility Awards Hours Log as you dedicate hours to your internship.
- Dedicate 40 hours to your activity OR dedicate 30 hours and complete the EmployAgility Awards Canvas course in its entirety. If you are short a couple of hours but complete the Canvas course, we will award you. You can complete your hours between 13th September 2021 and early March 2022 (you can backlog hours already completed in September once you note them on your hours' log)
Semester 2: Your Submissions:
- In Semester 2 you will need to complete a Reflective Report. This will appear as an assignment in the Canvas space where you will find content that will help you understand reflection and how to identify the skills and attributes you developed throughout your experience. There is a column in the Hours Log where you can input notes on your experiences, these notes will help you complete your reflective report.
- Update and submit your CV, including details of the initiative you participated in and the skills you developed. There is content available on the Canvas space to support you in updating your CV. You can also use our CareerSet AI-based CV review tool before you submit.