Volunteering & Community Engagement
To receive an award through the Volunteering Pathway a student must complete a period of unpaid volunteering in an on or off-campus organisation.
- This organisation must be an approved UCC EmployAgility Award organisation.
- Some organisations are already approved.
- If the organisation is not already an approved organisation, please provide organisation contact details in your Reflective Report. EmployAgility Award coordinators will review the application and will contact the organisation to approve or reject their application.
- PLEASE NOTE: Some volunteering positions require Garda vetting which can take up to ten weeks.
- Record your hours and note your development on your EmployAgility Log 23-24
- Update your CV with details of your activity and gain a score of 70% on CareerSet
- Complete and submit your Reflective Report by midnight, Friday 15th March
- You must upload your Hours Log and CV to your Reflective Report.
- Our team willl confirm with your activity provider that you have dedicated a minimum of 20 hours to the activity. Provide contact details for your provider on your reflective report.
The Reflective Report:
- Provide your contact details, student number, course details and select the award pathway you are applying for.
- Ensure you update your CV before submission. Find some helpful tips and hints here.
- Select four of the ten attributes and values you developed throughout the experience and feed back on how you developed them in the relevant text boxes. You can learn more about UCC's graduate attributes and values here.
- Find a sample reflective report here.
- Note: If you are applying for more than one award through multiple pathways, you will need to submit a reflective report for each pathway.
Please check the UCC Career Service Instagram for updates. The awards ceremony will take place in April.