An Open Pathway award is given for combined participation in other pathways or for an activity that is voluntary, promotes the development of employability skills, and does not sit under any of the other pathways.
For example, if you are a postgraduate student who dedicates time to arranging academic conferences, you could apply for the Open Pathway and be awarded for your contribution and dedication.
Combined participation: If you give 40 hours of your time to a range of activities that fit under other pathways, you can apply for the Open Pathway Award. For example, if you dedicated 15 hours to volunteering, 10 hours to your club or society, and 15 hours to a micro-internship you can be awarded through the Open Pathways.
- Once you have found an activity to participate in and have enrolled in the EmployAgility Canvas space, you can start logging your hours.
- Download and complete your EmployAgility Awards Hours Log as you dedicate hours to your activity/initiative.
- Dedicate 40 hours to your activity OR dedicate 30 hours and complete the EmployAgility Awards Canvas course in its entirety. If you are short a couple of hours but complete the Canvas course, we will award you. You can complete your hours between 13th September 2021 and early March 2022 (you can backlog hours already completed in September once you note them on your hours' log)
Semester 2: Your Submissions:
- In Semester 2 you will need to complete a Reflective Report. This will appear as an assignment in the Canvas space where you will find content that will help you understand reflection and how to identify the skills and attributes you developed throughout your experience. There is a column in the Hours Log where you can input notes on your experiences, these notes will help you complete your reflective report.
- Update and submit your CV, including details of the initiative you participated in and the skills you developed. There is content available on the Canvas space to support you in updating your CV. You can also use our CareerSet AI-based CV review tool before you submit.