- Rich Ferrie leads an exciting new era for UCC Innovation
- UCC honours its graduates with the official naming of the Alumni Bridge
- New UCC series explains how university research impacts daily life
- UCC's rising sports stars presented with scholarships
- UCC ranked among top universities in Europe for teaching excellence
Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019
- UCC makes Green Flag history…again!
The first university in the world to be awarded a fourth Green Flag
- Blazing a trail
Professor Helen Whelton charts her path to success, from curious dentistry student to global award-winner
- A Summer’s Evening on the Quad hits the right note for Cork charities
The fundraising event is now in its 14th year
- A curious mind
Paul Ross on his love of science, his greatest moments of discovery, and the exciting next chapter at APC Microbiome Ireland
- Mind your microbiome: 9 ways to boost your gut health
In honour of World Microbiome Day
- UCC hosts top wind energy experts at Cork’s largest ever conference
Scientists and engineers gathered to discuss the future of renewable energy
- Lord David Puttnam makes a passionate case for careers in the arts
He features in the latest episode of UCC’s podcast, Plain Speaking
- Funding announced for UCC SFI Research Centres
- Beekeeping makes life sweeter for Cork kids
- Saving Ireland's seals with GPS
- UCC celebrates a stellar year in sport
- Tommy Fleming headlines A Summer's Evening on the Quad
Tickets available now
- UCC ranked as global leader for sustainable social and economic impact
Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Former UCC President Michael Murphy becomes first ever Irish President of EUA
Professor Murphy served as UCC President for 10 years
- MaREI researcher returns from epic adventure in search of blue whales
Dr Ailbhe Kavanagh spent seven weeks in Antarctica
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa among six new members elected to Aosdána at UCC ceremony
Writer Doireann is a UCC alumna
- Former White House drug advisor goes 'inside America’s opioid crisis'
Keith Humphreys is the latest guest on UCC's official podcast, Plain Speaking
- UCC launches Sports Strategy
Pride on our chest, belief in our heart, sport in our bones.
- How Nicole Ryan is powering change after tragedy
- Brainwave ‘donation’ research offers promise for dementia treatment
Research and innovation
- Full-circle for Paul as UCC extends partnership with Cork City FC
A perfect match
- Praise for The Irish Revolution as 'Atlas' documentary airs on RTÉ
Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Pastures new
UCC launches its Food Institute
- Making waves at MaREI
Ireland's National Ocean Test Facility opens
- Research spotlight: APC Microbiome Ireland
10 researchers among Highly Cited
- Spin-out success
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials expanding stateside
- Billy Morgan: Pride of Cork
Marking a decade of UCC Sigerson Cup football
- The future is bright for soccer's Captain Fantastic
- The next phase for rugby's rising star
- RTÉ to air 'Atlas' documentary
The next step for the Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Top business talent share their secrets to success
CUBS Conference 2019
- Green roots and flying boots: Cork Chamber project showcases ‘future’ of Cork
Future Forms is part of Cork Chamber’s 200th anniversary celebrations
- CEO and camogie star Mary O'Connor is leading change for women in sport
Moving the goalposts
- Mary Robinson is the first guest on UCC’s new podcast
Plain Speaking is now available to stream
A Summer’s Evening on the Quad hits the right note for Cork charities
Now in its 14th year, A Summer's Evening on the Quad returned for a night of top-class entertainment, and all for some very worthy local causes
It was a weekend of top-class entertainment and family fun, as UCC’s iconic grounds transformed for the feel-good fundraiser of the season: A Summer’s Evening on the Quad.
On the beautifully balmy evening of Saturday, July 13, around 2,000 members of the local community were welcomed into UCC for this special event, now in its 14th year.
Tommy Fleming headlined the sold-out show, supported by the Band of An Garda Síochána and local singing sensation, Liv Amerie Gregorio.
Tommy wowed the crowd with beautiful renditions of Danny Boy, You Raise Me Up, and a very special as Gaeilge version of Hallelujah. The crowd was on its feet, dancing, for the final number, while the encore was met with a standing ovation.
Each year, A Summer’s Evening on the Quad - which is organised by a small committee of volunteers from the university and An Garda Síochána - fundraises for charities from the local Cork community. This year, the chosen Charity Partners were Westgate Foundation, Cork Cancer Care Centre, Togher Family Centre, and Field of Dreams/Down Syndrome Cork.
Thanks to the generosity of the event’s Supporters - Bank of Ireland, Tomar Trust, Willis Towers Watson, The River Lee Hotel, Cork’s 96fm, and The Echo – 100 percent of proceeds from the event went directly to the concert’s Charity Partners.
While A Summer’s Evening on the Quad is always a highlight on the social calendar, the concert's sister event, UCC Rocks, proved just as popular among families in Cork and around the country.
Also held in the idyllic setting of the Quad, UCC Rocks is an inclusive concert, created especially for families of children with hearing, visual, mobility, sensory and learning difficulties.
— A Summer's Evening on the Quad (@ASummersEvening) July 17, 2019
First piloted back in 2018, UCC Rocks proved to be such a hit with local families that it returned, bigger and better, for 2019.
On Friday, July 12, a crowd of around 2,000 parents and children – some even travelling down from as far away as Laois – enjoyed an evening of fun, food and wonderful entertainment.
The concert – which included hits from The Greatest Showman, Rocket Man, and Bohemian Rhapsody – had an act for everyone. Rebel Acro kicked things off with an amazing acrobatics display; the crowd was singing along when the High Hopes Choir, ACA Performing Arts and the Cork Deaf Choir took to the stage; and everyone was wowed by the incredible vocals of singers Keith Hanley, Zoe Talbot and Liv Amerie Gregorio.
The beautiful weather was the cherry-on-top for an unforgettable weekend of fundraising and memory-making.
Click here for more information about A Summer's Evening on the Quad.