- UCC Springboard+: Kieran Egan
- UCC’s new Hub serves as ‘one-stop-shop’ service for 26,000 students
- Interview: Ryan Tubridy chats politics, history and his love of the arts on UCC visit
- UCC Emergency Care Society gets hands-on with life-saving skills
- Fitzgibbon Cup glory for UCC as hurlers beat IT Carlow in thrilling final
- GatewayUCC bridging the gap for research-entrepreneurs
- Pocket-sized brain injury monitor could be a game-changer for infant health
- Future of Irish hockey in safe hands with rising star Hannah
- Dr Eithne Hunt: Healthy habits for body and mind
- From Architecture to Web Development
- Nine APC Microbiome researchers make prestigious ‘highly cited’ list
- UCC honours five exceptional alumni at annual awards ceremony
- UCC spotlights four of its brightest up-and-coming female career scientists
- Rich Ferrie leads an exciting new era for UCC Innovation
- UCC honours its graduates with the official naming of the Alumni Bridge
- New UCC series explains how university research impacts daily life
- UCC's rising sports stars presented with scholarships
- UCC ranked among top universities in Europe for teaching excellence
Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019
- UCC makes Green Flag history…again!
The first university in the world to be awarded a fourth Green Flag
- Blazing a trail
Professor Helen Whelton charts her path to success, from curious dentistry student to global award-winner
- A Summer’s Evening on the Quad hits the right note for Cork charities
The fundraising event is now in its 14th year
- A curious mind
Paul Ross on his love of science, his greatest moments of discovery, and the exciting next chapter at APC Microbiome Ireland
- Mind your microbiome: 9 ways to boost your gut health
In honour of World Microbiome Day
- UCC hosts top wind energy experts at Cork’s largest ever conference
Scientists and engineers gathered to discuss the future of renewable energy
- Lord David Puttnam makes a passionate case for careers in the arts
He features in the latest episode of UCC’s podcast, Plain Speaking
- Funding announced for UCC SFI Research Centres
- Beekeeping makes life sweeter for Cork kids
- Saving Ireland's seals with GPS
- UCC celebrates a stellar year in sport
- Tommy Fleming headlines A Summer's Evening on the Quad
Tickets available now
- UCC ranked as global leader for sustainable social and economic impact
Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Former UCC President Michael Murphy becomes first ever Irish President of EUA
Professor Murphy served as UCC President for 10 years
- MaREI researcher returns from epic adventure in search of blue whales
Dr Ailbhe Kavanagh spent seven weeks in Antarctica
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa among six new members elected to Aosdána at UCC ceremony
Writer Doireann is a UCC alumna
- Former White House drug advisor goes 'inside America’s opioid crisis'
Keith Humphreys is the latest guest on UCC's official podcast, Plain Speaking
- UCC launches Sports Strategy
Pride on our chest, belief in our heart, sport in our bones.
- How Nicole Ryan is powering change after tragedy
- Brainwave ‘donation’ research offers promise for dementia treatment
Research and innovation
- Full-circle for Paul as UCC extends partnership with Cork City FC
A perfect match
- Praise for The Irish Revolution as 'Atlas' documentary airs on RTÉ
Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Pastures new
UCC launches its Food Institute
- Making waves at MaREI
Ireland's National Ocean Test Facility opens
- Research spotlight: APC Microbiome Ireland
10 researchers among Highly Cited
- Spin-out success
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials expanding stateside
- Billy Morgan: Pride of Cork
Marking a decade of UCC Sigerson Cup football
- The future is bright for soccer's Captain Fantastic
- The next phase for rugby's rising star
- RTÉ to air 'Atlas' documentary
The next step for the Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Top business talent share their secrets to success
CUBS Conference 2019
- Green roots and flying boots: Cork Chamber project showcases ‘future’ of Cork
Future Forms is part of Cork Chamber’s 200th anniversary celebrations
- CEO and camogie star Mary O'Connor is leading change for women in sport
Moving the goalposts
- Mary Robinson is the first guest on UCC’s new podcast
Plain Speaking is now available to stream
Tommy Fleming headlines A Summer's Evening on the Quad
The feel-good fundraising event of the year, A Summer's Evening on the Quad, is just around the corner
On the evening of Saturday, July 13, UCC’s Main Quad will play host to the feel-good fundraising event of the season, A Summer’s Evening on the Quad open-air concert, in aid of some of Cork’s most deserving causes.
Always a highlight of the summer social calendar, this year’s concert boasts another talented line-up of performers guaranteed to thrill music-lovers of all genres.
Singer Tommy Fleming will deliver a powerful performance of beloved classics and contemporary favourites to an audience of 2,000, with support from local Cork singer Liv Amerie Gregorio and crowd favourites, the Band of An Garda Síochána.
A Summer’s Evening On the Quad is the brainchild of a group of volunteers from UCC and An Garda Síochána, who saw a unique opportunity to help local charities through the university’s strong community spirit and beautiful campus grounds.
We're back on Saturday 13 July, to raise funds for four wonderful charities delivering life-enriching services to people in our community every day: Cork Cancer Care Centre, Field of Dreams (Down Syndrome Cork), Togher Family Centre & Westgate Foundation https://t.co/jVF6vNuqEq pic.twitter.com/1Ecfo14iGl— A Summer's Evening on the Quad (@ASummersEvening) May 20, 2019
“Cork people love supporting local charities and are very generous with their time and money,” explains event co-founder, Pat Cotter.
“The highlight every year is to see the faces of the charity teams when they get their cheques, and to see the joy of the people when they round the corner to the stage.”
Indeed, the event holds a special place in the heart of the local community in Cork City and beyond. With all ticket proceeds going to the event’s Charity Partners, year-on-year, concert-goers enjoy a fantastic night of music and entertainment while providing vital support to worthy local causes.
Togher Family Centre, Cork Cancer Care Centre, Field of Dreams, and Westgate Foundation will all benefit from this year’s event, which is expected to raise €60,000.
"The funds raised from the 2018 concert support Westgate Foundation in building a much-needed day-care extension, without which we would be challenged to meet demand" - Ruth Hally, Westgate Foundation
Ruth Hally, of returning charity Westgate Foundation, says that the support and awareness raised from last year’s A Summer’s Evening on the Quad has proven invaluable to the organisation:
“As a Charity Partner of A Summer’s Evening on the Quad 2018, Westgate Foundation was able to gain exposure it could only have dreamed about.
“It provided us with an opportunity to share the wonderful story of Westgate Foundation, an organisation based in Ballincollig that works hard to support older adults to lead fulfilling, dignified lives.
“The funds raised from the 2018 concert support Westgate Foundation in building a much-needed day-care extension, without which we would be challenged to meet demand and continue to provide the high-quality service our clients and their families deserve.”
This year’s concert is made possible by the backing of our generous sponsors: Bank of Ireland, Tomar Trust, Cork’s 96fm, The Echo and River Lee Hotel.
A Summer’s Evening on the Quad takes place in UCC on Saturday, July 13, at 8pm. Follow this link for more details.