- UCC’s new Hub serves as ‘one-stop-shop’ service for 26,000 students
- Interview: Ryan Tubridy chats politics, history and his love of the arts on UCC visit
- UCC Emergency Care Society gets hands-on with life-saving skills
- Fitzgibbon Cup glory for UCC as hurlers beat IT Carlow in thrilling final
- GatewayUCC bridging the gap for research-entrepreneurs
- Pocket-sized brain injury monitor could be a game-changer for infant health
- Future of Irish hockey in safe hands with rising star Hannah
- Dr Eithne Hunt: Healthy habits for body and mind
- From Architecture to Web Development
- Nine APC Microbiome researchers make prestigious ‘highly cited’ list
- UCC honours five exceptional alumni at annual awards ceremony
- UCC spotlights four of its brightest up-and-coming female career scientists
- Rich Ferrie leads an exciting new era for UCC Innovation
- UCC honours its graduates with the official naming of the Alumni Bridge
- New UCC series explains how university research impacts daily life
- UCC's rising sports stars presented with scholarships
- UCC ranked among top universities in Europe for teaching excellence
Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019
- UCC makes Green Flag history…again!
The first university in the world to be awarded a fourth Green Flag
- Blazing a trail
Professor Helen Whelton charts her path to success, from curious dentistry student to global award-winner
- A Summer’s Evening on the Quad hits the right note for Cork charities
The fundraising event is now in its 14th year
- A curious mind
Paul Ross on his love of science, his greatest moments of discovery, and the exciting next chapter at APC Microbiome Ireland
- Mind your microbiome: 9 ways to boost your gut health
In honour of World Microbiome Day
- UCC hosts top wind energy experts at Cork’s largest ever conference
Scientists and engineers gathered to discuss the future of renewable energy
- Lord David Puttnam makes a passionate case for careers in the arts
He features in the latest episode of UCC’s podcast, Plain Speaking
- Funding announced for UCC SFI Research Centres
- Beekeeping makes life sweeter for Cork kids
- Saving Ireland's seals with GPS
- UCC celebrates a stellar year in sport
- Tommy Fleming headlines A Summer's Evening on the Quad
Tickets available now
- UCC ranked as global leader for sustainable social and economic impact
Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Former UCC President Michael Murphy becomes first ever Irish President of EUA
Professor Murphy served as UCC President for 10 years
- MaREI researcher returns from epic adventure in search of blue whales
Dr Ailbhe Kavanagh spent seven weeks in Antarctica
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa among six new members elected to Aosdána at UCC ceremony
Writer Doireann is a UCC alumna
- Former White House drug advisor goes 'inside America’s opioid crisis'
Keith Humphreys is the latest guest on UCC's official podcast, Plain Speaking
- UCC launches Sports Strategy
Pride on our chest, belief in our heart, sport in our bones.
- How Nicole Ryan is powering change after tragedy
- Brainwave ‘donation’ research offers promise for dementia treatment
Research and innovation
- Full-circle for Paul as UCC extends partnership with Cork City FC
A perfect match
- Praise for The Irish Revolution as 'Atlas' documentary airs on RTÉ
Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Pastures new
UCC launches its Food Institute
- Making waves at MaREI
Ireland's National Ocean Test Facility opens
- Research spotlight: APC Microbiome Ireland
10 researchers among Highly Cited
- Spin-out success
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials expanding stateside
- Billy Morgan: Pride of Cork
Marking a decade of UCC Sigerson Cup football
- The future is bright for soccer's Captain Fantastic
- The next phase for rugby's rising star
- RTÉ to air 'Atlas' documentary
The next step for the Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Top business talent share their secrets to success
CUBS Conference 2019
- Green roots and flying boots: Cork Chamber project showcases ‘future’ of Cork
Future Forms is part of Cork Chamber’s 200th anniversary celebrations
- CEO and camogie star Mary O'Connor is leading change for women in sport
Moving the goalposts
- Mary Robinson is the first guest on UCC’s new podcast
Plain Speaking is now available to stream
RTÉ to air 'Atlas' documentary
The Irish Revolution is based upon Cork University Press' best-selling Atlas of the Irish Revolution
A documentary based upon Cork University Press’ award-winning Atlas of the Irish Revolution will screen on RTÉ this February.
The Irish Revolution will map the development of Ireland over the period 1919-21, beginning with the convening of the first Dáil.
A collaboration between RTÉ and UCC, The Irish Revolution is narrated by actor and former UCC student Cillian Murphy, and features never-before-seen archive footage.
The first episode of this three-part documentary is set to air on February 4, at 9:30pm on RTÉ One.
A sold-out preview screening is taking place in Cork Opera House on January 29, with President Michael D. Higgins scheduled to attend. The screening will be followed by a Q&A session moderated by Dr John Bowman, and event proceeds will benefit Cork Penny Dinners.
The Atlas of the Irish Revolution won widespread acclaim upon its release in 2017. Edited by UCC’s Dr John Crowley, Dr Donal Ó Drisceoil, Mike Murphy and Dr John Borgonovo, the book also contains contributions from more than 100 leading scholars.
Listed by President Higgins as a must-have book for every Irish household, the Atlas won the prestigious Bord Gáis Energy Book of the Year 2017.
Follow this link for more information on the Atlas of the Irish Revolution.