- UCC’s new Hub serves as ‘one-stop-shop’ service for 26,000 students
- Interview: Ryan Tubridy chats politics, history and his love of the arts on UCC visit
- UCC Emergency Care Society gets hands-on with life-saving skills
- Fitzgibbon Cup glory for UCC as hurlers beat IT Carlow in thrilling final
- GatewayUCC bridging the gap for research-entrepreneurs
- Pocket-sized brain injury monitor could be a game-changer for infant health
- Future of Irish hockey in safe hands with rising star Hannah
- Dr Eithne Hunt: Healthy habits for body and mind
- From Architecture to Web Development
- Nine APC Microbiome researchers make prestigious ‘highly cited’ list
- UCC honours five exceptional alumni at annual awards ceremony
- UCC spotlights four of its brightest up-and-coming female career scientists
- Rich Ferrie leads an exciting new era for UCC Innovation
- UCC honours its graduates with the official naming of the Alumni Bridge
- New UCC series explains how university research impacts daily life
- UCC's rising sports stars presented with scholarships
- UCC ranked among top universities in Europe for teaching excellence
Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019
- UCC makes Green Flag history…again!
The first university in the world to be awarded a fourth Green Flag
- Blazing a trail
Professor Helen Whelton charts her path to success, from curious dentistry student to global award-winner
- A Summer’s Evening on the Quad hits the right note for Cork charities
The fundraising event is now in its 14th year
- A curious mind
Paul Ross on his love of science, his greatest moments of discovery, and the exciting next chapter at APC Microbiome Ireland
- Mind your microbiome: 9 ways to boost your gut health
In honour of World Microbiome Day
- UCC hosts top wind energy experts at Cork’s largest ever conference
Scientists and engineers gathered to discuss the future of renewable energy
- Lord David Puttnam makes a passionate case for careers in the arts
He features in the latest episode of UCC’s podcast, Plain Speaking
- Funding announced for UCC SFI Research Centres
- Beekeeping makes life sweeter for Cork kids
- Saving Ireland's seals with GPS
- UCC celebrates a stellar year in sport
- Tommy Fleming headlines A Summer's Evening on the Quad
Tickets available now
- UCC ranked as global leader for sustainable social and economic impact
Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Former UCC President Michael Murphy becomes first ever Irish President of EUA
Professor Murphy served as UCC President for 10 years
- MaREI researcher returns from epic adventure in search of blue whales
Dr Ailbhe Kavanagh spent seven weeks in Antarctica
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa among six new members elected to Aosdána at UCC ceremony
Writer Doireann is a UCC alumna
- Former White House drug advisor goes 'inside America’s opioid crisis'
Keith Humphreys is the latest guest on UCC's official podcast, Plain Speaking
- UCC launches Sports Strategy
Pride on our chest, belief in our heart, sport in our bones.
- How Nicole Ryan is powering change after tragedy
- Brainwave ‘donation’ research offers promise for dementia treatment
Research and innovation
- Full-circle for Paul as UCC extends partnership with Cork City FC
A perfect match
- Praise for The Irish Revolution as 'Atlas' documentary airs on RTÉ
Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Pastures new
UCC launches its Food Institute
- Making waves at MaREI
Ireland's National Ocean Test Facility opens
- Research spotlight: APC Microbiome Ireland
10 researchers among Highly Cited
- Spin-out success
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials expanding stateside
- Billy Morgan: Pride of Cork
Marking a decade of UCC Sigerson Cup football
- The future is bright for soccer's Captain Fantastic
- The next phase for rugby's rising star
- RTÉ to air 'Atlas' documentary
The next step for the Atlas of the Irish Revolution
- Top business talent share their secrets to success
CUBS Conference 2019
- Green roots and flying boots: Cork Chamber project showcases ‘future’ of Cork
Future Forms is part of Cork Chamber’s 200th anniversary celebrations
- CEO and camogie star Mary O'Connor is leading change for women in sport
Moving the goalposts
- Mary Robinson is the first guest on UCC’s new podcast
Plain Speaking is now available to stream
UCC ranked among top universities in Europe for teaching excellence
Professor Paul McSweeney, Vice President for Learning and Teaching, says the ranking 'reflects the importance that UCC places on learning and the student experience'.
University College Cork has been ranked among the top universities in Europe for teaching excellence.
The Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2019 place UCC within the top 50 universities in Europe, in 48th position.
The rankings, which assessed data from 258 universities in 18 countries, focus on higher education institutions’ teaching and learning environments for students.
Student engagement is a key consideration in these rankings, and the results were heavily drawn from the Times Higher Education European Student Survey which, this year, received responses from 125,000 students.
Other important areas of measurement in the rankings include the diversity of the institutions’ environments, and the resources available to teach effectively.
Professor Paul McSweeney, Vice President for Learning and Teaching at UCC, was ‘delighted’ with the news.
“This ranking reflects the importance that UCC, as an institution, places on learning and the student experience, and the excellent feedback from our students in the survey,” he said.
You can find the full Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings, and further information about assessment metrics, here.
Click here for more information about Learning and Teaching at UCC.