Explore This Page
The Minute Methods: Academic Integrity Skills
Below you will find a special series of "The Minute Methods" videos on "Academic Integrity Skills". These include an overview of what academic integrity is, common forms of academic misconduct to avoid, and practical skills that will help support your academic integrity, such as time management and making the most of feedback.
The Boole Library have a comprehensive LibGuide on Academic Integrity that covers ethics, intellectual property, copyright, plagiarism, referencing, citation styles, freedom of information, data protection, and fake news. This guide contains additional resources, short courses, and quizzes.
The UCC Library Learning Resources on Canvas are self-directed modules that contain useful information on library resources and supports, locating sources, referencing, and research data management among other topics.
Library staff are also available to answer any questions you might have.
- For anyone conducting research, or thinking about undertaking postgraduate study, Epigeum Online Research Integrity Training will help you develop the skills necessary for good research conduct. You can access this training with your UCC email address.
- Ireland's National Academic Integrity Network (NAIN) developed a useful Lexicon of Common Terms to create a shared language and understanding of terms around academic integrity and misconduct.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) have student resources, including the ability to report contract cheating services, as part of their #MyOwnWork campaign.
- The European Network for Academic Integrity (ENAI) have useful educational materials, glossaries, and self-evaluation tools on their website.
- The International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) have a PDF on the fundamental values of academic integrity.