Struggling with sums? Finding math difficult? Let us know!
In conjuction with the UCC School of Mathematical Sciences, final year undergraduate and postgraduate tutors can assist you virtually through Microsoft Teams with questions that you may be struggling with. This service is open to all UCC students regardless what year, course or level you are currently at, whether you are just beginning and have small questions, or complex problems with multiple layers. Simply have the problems or queries you would like help with, no matter how big or small, and our tutors will try their best to assist you!
The tutors can help you with the following:
- Solving calculus problems.
- Queries with statistics, excel, SPSS
- Microsoft Excel skills or specific queries (e.g. statistical analysis, etc.)
- Calculations for Physics, Biology and Chemistry at any level.
- AM/PY/MA Modules
- Science or engineering
Simply you or a group of peers must bring the problems/querie
Teams Meeting link: Every Monday from 5pm to 7pm, you can drop in at any stage between to cover what you would like for however long you would like!
If you, or a group of peers are interested in a private one-to-one with one of our maths-orientated tutors, you can book a calculation clinic! In these calculation clinics, a tutor can assist you with any sums or calculations you are struggling with. Simply have the problem open on your screen and you can present it to the tutor during your 30 minute appointment.
- Before the appointment, please take a moment to ensure and test that the correct speaker/mic is enabled through Google Meet.
- Please have only relevant materials you would like reviewed open on your laptop in present mode, this will allow the tutor to view your work.
- If you would like to cancel your appointment, call us on 021-4903839 or email us on email@example.com. We very much appreciate when you take the time to cancel your appointment. Our service is often very busy, and your cancellation allows students on the waiting list to avail of appointments.
- If you are unsure how to use Google Meet or Teams for online group sessions, please view the following Google Meet and Teams Platform training. You can also check out our Minute Methods video on Netiquette: The do's and don'ts of Online Communication.