- If I knew then what I know now
- Sessions & Workshops
- Digital badges & programmes
- SPEAK: Presentation skills Digital Badge
- “Everyday Matters: Healthy Habits for University Life" Digital Badge
- Digital Badge in Independent Thinking
- Avoiding Errors in Reasoning
- Creating and Maintaining a Professional Presence Online
- Survive & Thrive: The ABC's of first year
- UCC Tandem Readers Programme
- Climate Law & Governance for Engaged Citizenship
- Write Here, Write Now: Postgrad push-through
- Digital Passport
- Bystander Intervention Digital Badge
- Your Brainpower
- Academic Writing & Studying Resources
- Academic Integrity
- Preparing for Exams
- Assignment Calculator
SPEAK: Presentation skills Digital Badge
Successful Presentations- Effectively Articulating Knowledge (SPEAK) is a presentations development programme that is designed to enable participants to create and deliver effective presentations.
The programme is designed by Kathy Bradley, UCC Skills Centre Coordinator. Kathy has worked extensively developing communication methodologies across varying platforms including business development, storyboarding and social media marketing. The performance element of the programme is designed in collaboration with the Department of Theatre under the direction of part-time lecturer and PhD candidate, Scotty Walsh.
The SPEAK Programme is designed to be delivered over 6 weeks with the final session being one of peer evaluation. Each session will deliver a specific element of presentation skills that will allow you to become aware of the broad spectrum of performance in everyday life, as well as to develop specific techniques to enhance presentation skills and visual communication. These techniques include the development of an expanded range of physical and vocal expressivity, expanded approaches to audience awareness and enlarged awareness of non-verbal and non-physical communication. Storytelling, improvisation, scripting, messaging, and digital skills will all be explored in the sessions allowing for the development of a full set of skills required for successful dissemination.
- Session 1: Presentation skills overview: Preparation
- Session 2: Authenticity in Performance: Structure
- Session 3: Digital Skills Maker Session: PowerPoint (Part 1)
- Session 4: Digital Skills Maker Session: PowerPoint (Part 2)
- Session 5: Stage presence: Delivery
- Session 6: Storytelling: Presenting and Presenter
- Session 7: Presentation Showcase
Note: The assessment of the SPEAK programme will involve the students creating a 3-minute presentation in the Library Studio. The final session of the programme will involve a peer assessment of the presentations. Listen to Episode 8 of Write Here, Write Now as we explore the world of presentation skills.
SPEAK Digital Badge
The SPEAK programme is a wonderful opportunity to become more comfortable and confident with public speaking by discussing presentation delivery, mapping/structing ideas, PowerPoint planning, and presenter styles. Also, after completing SPEAK Summer Sessions, you will receive the SPEAK Digital Badge confirming you have taken a public speaking course! Registration for SPEAK is now closed, more information will be provided closer to start of the 2023/24 academic year.