UCC Tandem Readers Programme
What is the UCC Tandem Readers Programme?
The UCC Tandem Reader Programme is designed to help you find a ‘tandem reader’. A tandem reader or tandem partner is a like-minded person, who may or may not be in the same field as you are, with whom you can plan study sessions before exams, someone with whom you can discuss ideas and someone whom you can ask to read your papers for clarity. It is a chance for you and another UCC student to come together and support each other in your academic endeavours.
We have created the programme to give students an opportunity to connect with other students, and to give you an inter-disciplinary experience, and further interconnect the student community here at UCC. The Programme is designed as a peer-to-peer study opportunity for all UCC students, where we hope to encourage you to interact and collaborate with other students here at UCC who are not necessarily in your field or discipline. Through the Tandem Readers Programme, we hope that campus life in Cork becomes more accessible and your experience as a UCC student is more welcoming, so that you feel better connected with other students.
The Skills Centre will support you and your partner as a Tandem Reader in numerous ways. Initially, we will organize pairs to come together at the opening event for the Tandem Reader Programme. From here, you are the Skills Centre can aid you in organizing future group study sessions or assignment reviews together to further enhance your experience in this programme. The Skills Centre will also facilitate further meeting times for Tandem Reader Events. Any queries or questions that you have, simply send an email to email@example.com and our team will do their best to help you.
Requirements for the Programme:
- You must be currently enrolled and in good status at UCC.
- You opt to participate in the programme for at least 1 semester.
- You must plan to work on academic assignments with your tandem reader on a regular basis depending on your schedule.
- You agree to help each other become more confident in areas in which you both may have difficulties.
- This is a very interactive programme, so always be ready to discuss and ask each other lots of questions, but also be open to receive academic help and feedback from your tandem partner.
- You can join our programme if you are new to UCC or if you have been around for a while, it does not matter if you are a first year, a final year BA or a postgraduate.
- Any UCC student from any department or school at UCC, with any background or age and at any level of their study can participate.
- In order to participate, you must take part in this initial Skills Centre Tandem Reader training session(s).
- After you have been matched and have attended these two brief training sessions, you can then meet with your tandem partner whenever and how often you like.