- If I knew then what I know now
- Sessions & Workshops
- Digital badges & programmes
- SPEAK: Presentation skills Digital Badge
- “Everyday Matters: Healthy Habits for University Life" Digital Badge
- Digital Badge in Independent Thinking
- Avoiding Errors in Reasoning
- Creating and Maintaining a Professional Presence Online
- Survive & Thrive: The ABC's of first year
- UCC Tandem Readers Programme
- Climate Law & Governance for Engaged Citizenship
- Write Here, Write Now: Postgrad push-through
- Digital Passport
- PhD Roadmap Workshop: Organised by PhDs for PhDs
- Bystander Intervention Digital Badge
- Your Brainpower
- Academic Writing & Studying Resources
- Academic Integrity
- Preparing for Exams
- Student Success Survey
- Assignment Calculator
UCC Tandem Readers Programme
What is the UCC Tandem Readers Programme?
The UCC Tandem Reader Programme is designed to help you find a ‘tandem reader’. A tandem reader or tandem partner is a like-minded person, who may or may not be in the same field as you are, with whom you can plan study sessions before exams, someone with whom you can discuss ideas and someone whom you can ask to read your papers for clarity. It is a chance for you and another UCC student to come together and support each other in your academic endeavours.
We have created the programme to give students an opportunity to connect with other students, and to give you an inter-disciplinary experience, and further interconnect the student community here at UCC. The Programme is designed as a peer-to-peer study opportunity for all UCC students, where we hope to encourage you to interact and collaborate with other students here at UCC who are not necessarily in your field or discipline. Through the Tandem Readers Programme, we hope that campus life in Cork becomes more accessible and your experience as a UCC student is more welcoming, so that you feel better connected with other students.
The Skills Centre will support you and your partner as a Tandem Reader in numerous ways. Initially, we will organize pairs to come together at the introductory session for the Tandem Reader Programme. From here, you are the Skills Centre can aid you in organizing future group study sessions or assignment reviews together to further enhance your experience in this programme. The Skills Centre will also facilitate further meeting times for Tandem Reader Events. Any queries or questions that you have, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will do their best to help you.
Registration for this programme is currently closed.