Creating and Maintaining a Professional Presence Online
This programme aims to enhance employability for students by allowing for civic and community engagement, global reach and potentially inter and transdisciplinary. Students will have the opportunity to engage with the work of others, and they will be encouraged to think about digital sustainability.
This course aims to equip students with the means to:
- Identify ways to create & edit content in professional formats.
- Choose how to express themselves & elaborate their work through the creation of simple digital means.
- Independently, according to their own needs, will solve well-defined and non-routine problems.
- Critically evaluate ways to create & edit content in different formats depending on context.
- Create their own professional website.
- Write for their professional digital environment.
- Understand the concept of Creative Commons Licensing for their work.
- Analyse different online writing platforms; their differences and similarities.
- Critically analyse the concept of digital fluency and values fluency as it pertains to learner autonomy online
- Create professional website
- Write professional digital content
- Integrate a social media element to the site
- Apply appropriate creative commons licensing to the content Publish content online
Assessment will be on the presented website and content - including: text, images, links, navigation, social media, integration, appropriate referencing and licensing applied.
This programme will be recurring on the following dates from 3pm to 5pm:
- Tuesday 4th of February, 3pm - 5pm
- Tuesday 11th of February, 3pm - 5pm
- Tuesday 18th of February, 3pm - 5pm
- Tuesday 25th of February, 3pm - 5pm