Skills Centre Student Ambassador
UCC Skills Centre Ambassadors (UCC EmployAgility)
The UCC Skills Centre works with UCC students to help them unlock their potential. The Centre is established to ease students transition to, and progression through, their degree programmes. Providing access to skills sessions that enhance the student journey and help to develop academic communication skills such as writing and presentation skills the centre is free, friendly and confidential.
We are delighted to announce that we are offering four UCC students the opportunity to be part of our student ambassador team through UCC EmployAgility. The successful students will help the UCC Skills Centre to further assimilate the Skills Centre to the student body through promotional work on virtual platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the UCC Skills Centre to the UCC student body
- Assist in Social media marketing activities
- Assist in organising and running various media campaigns to promote the Skills Centre
- Assist with the administration of the Skills Centre
- Complete a brief training course with the UCC Skills Centre
- Event management and attendance.
Essential Skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Competent in use of social media, i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Good IT skills.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Customer Service experience
Objectives of the role
- Develop organisation skills
- Develop social media skills
- Further develop interpersonal skills
- To help develop skills that will enhance a participant’s appeal to a prospective future employer.
Submissions are now open for the 2022/23 academic year