Book a Session
Explore this page
Group Sessions & Workshops
The Skills Centre will be holding a variety of group sessions and workshops for students to attend throughout the academic year. You can browse what sessions we have taking place throughout the term, in which you can reserve your spot by booking through here.
You can check out our full listing of group sessions available through our sessions and workshop webpage. If you are interested in enrolling in a Digital Badge or Skills Centre programme, you can check out our full Digital Badge listing.
If there is a specific group session not listed below that you or a group would be interested in attending, let us know! We would be happy to know what session students look forward to the most, so the Skills Centre can cater to all your academic needs, simply email us firstname.lastname@example.org about the sessions you or a group would like to attend.
One-to-one appointment with a Skills Centre tutor
The Skills Centre offers a variety of one-to-one appointments that you can book below. The one-to-one, thirty-minute offerings with a Skills Centre tutor are as follows:
- Writing Clinic
- Academic Study Coaching
- Practice Presentation
- IT Clinic
- Saturday Morning One-to-one's (please email email@example.com for any queries)
Before booking a one-to-one appointment, we ask that you read the and so you can come to the Skills Centre virtual appointment fully prepared. A majority of our appointments are currently online and delivered virtually, if you are unsure how to use Google Meet or Teams for online group sessions, please view the following Google Meet and Teams Platform training. You can also check out our Minute Methods video on Netiquette: The do's and don'ts of Online Communication.
Our online booking system is now closed for the summer, however, we are still offering appointments. Please fill out this google form for any one-to-one appointments you wish to book or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Saturday one-to-one sessions are available here: Skills Centre ACE sessions
Asynchronous Feedback on Essay Structure & Style
The Skills Centre offers UCC students personalised feedback on essay structure & style, and other queries you may have. You will have the option to upload the work you would like reviewed by a tutor at a later point in time. Please note, this option does not involve 'live' engagement, but one of our tutors will review your writing and provide you with some helpful feedback on how you can improve your academic writing.
- Students will have the limit of submitting approximately 1,000 words to be reviewed for each given upload. Do not worry, if your assignment word count is above 1,000 words, you may submit section's you would like reviewed. Your assignment does not have to be the final draft!
- Please also note that students will be restricted to availing of this service three times a month.
- Remember, we do not offer a proofreading service. In writing clinics, our tutors/advisors will work with you to address the key areas of concern in your work to help redraft and refine your assignment. However, our Editing and Proofreading resources will give you the skills needed to edit your own material.
- We do not cover referencing. The staff in the Boole Library would be happy to help you with this, you can find more information on their website by clicking here. We also recommend that you contact your department for the specific referencing style booklet.
- The Skills Centre will help you explore academic writing and the structure which will help you maximise your marks. It does not cover content or any subject specific information. For content-related information, you should approach lecturer/department/ tutor.
- Please include the essay question/title in your submission. This allows the tutor to give more focused feedback as it identifies the context of your academic work.
Do you struggle with formatting your assignments through Microsoft Word? Creating Presentation slides through PowerPoint? Are you looking to improve your Digital Skills to enhance your time at university? Well, you can book into an IT Clinic! An IT clinic is a 30-minute one-to-one appointment with one of our trained, undergraduate tutors, that can help you improve your digital literacy skills.
Whether you are hoping to use text-to-speech for editing your assignments, study more efficiently with online flashcards or mind maps, or simply get the hang of google calendar to manage your time better – our undergraduate tutors can support you!
Simply book your appointment below and let us know what you would like to go through in the appointment with your IT Skills tutor. Many of the topics that can be covered in an IT clinic and listed through our Digital Skill Sessions & Resources which can be found here - https://www.ucc.ie/en/skillscentre/sessions/digitalskills/
*Please note, the IT Clinics are there to help you improve your digital literacy skills, if you are having an issue or problem with your phone/laptop, IT services have a support service for students with IT issues.