James McBrien of Shell to speak to School of Engineering
James McBrien of Shell will speak to staff and students of the School of Engineering, UCC on Friday, 7th March at 12:00 in Boole 3. He will talk about the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and conduct a workshop on Natural Gas Field Development Considerations.
BOOLE 3 UCC 12pm on Friday 7th of March
Title: Natural Gas Field Development Considerations Workshop
This workshop is designed to give students an opportunity:
- to learn how a natural gas field project is developed
- to interact with a chemical engineer who is working on such a project in Ireland
- to be able to draw comparisons between working in the oil & gas industry and in other process industry sectors.
James is a Chartered Engineer currently working as Process Engineer with Shell supporting preparations for Commissioning, Start-Up and Operation of the Corrib Gas Field Development in County Mayo. James earned his MEng in chemical engineering from Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) graduating in 1999. Since then he has worked in a variety of process engineering roles supporting R&D, capital projects and manufacturing in Shell’s petrochemicals business worldwide based out of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. In addition to this, James has supported Shell’s natural gas business in the UK and Ireland for a number of years.
Structure of Workshop:
1) Introduction – Case Study (Natural Gas Field Development)
2) Interactive Workshop – Opportunity Realisation Process
3) Feedback from Teams
4) Overview Corrib Gas Project
5) Overview Shell & Career Opportunities
Websites for reference: