Technical Advisor in Accounting, Finance & Information Systems (BIS)
Technical Advisor in Accounting Finance and Information Systems (BIS)
Click here to download Particulars of Post >> Technical Advisor in Accounting Finance and Information Systems (BIS) (42kB)
Technical Advisor in Accounting, Finance and Information Systems (BIS)
Post of Technical Advisor.
Department of Accounting, Finance & Information Systems
Applications are invited from suitably qualified members of staff for the above permanent post.The Department of Accounting, Finance & Information Systems operates a large client/server environment with Windows NT/2000/2003 Servers and Unix Sun Solaris Servers which are used in under-graduate and post-graduate programmes.
The main duties of the appointee will be:-
- Providing first line technical support to all staff and students of the department.
- Installation and Maintenance of all PC software with specific emphasis on cloning software.
- Creation and maintenance of student web site structures for class and project development work.
- Setup of all PCs in the Departments Computer Labs.
- Update and maintenance of the department’s computer user account database.
- Update and maintenance of student Exchange e-mail accounts, Unix accounts and Oracle and SQL accounts.
- Supervision of Print facilities.
- PC hardware maintenance and fault reporting to on-site computer engineers.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrade.
- Monitoring backup procedures and event logs.
- General supervision of the labs to ensure appropriate use of facilities and adherence to the departments ‘Acceptable Usage Policy’.
- Liaise with the Lab Manager on the day-to-day management of the computer labs.
- Any other duties assigned from time-to-time by the Systems Administration Manager.
Candidates should have a strong background in Client/Server environment and networking, particularly in Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory Server and Windows XP Client. They should have a working knowledge ofPC cloning.They must be familiar with data backup and restore procedures and a working knowledge of Tape Robotic Libraries DAS and SAN would be an advantage.Knowledge of database administration, Oracle 10g and Microsoft SQL 2000, would be a distinct advantage. They should have a team-oriented attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have proven ability to deal with end users at all levels.
Appointment will be within the following salary scales, depending on qualifications and experience: €28,144 - €41,357 (Scale A) €29,625 - €43,533 (Scale B)
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: Friday 28 September 2007
UCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
http://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/FormsContractDocuments/DocumentFile,35043,en.doc Application Form for Administrative, Technical & Services Posts