Intellectual Property Co-Ordinator, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre (Contract)
Intellectual Property Co-Ordinator, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre (APC)
Applications are invited for the above full-time contract post in the Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre (APC), a research partnership between the University, Teagasc and Industry which is funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) and Industry.UCC is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated person to support the University’s growing Intellectual Property development(s) in the APC.
The Intellectual Property Co-ordinator will be expected to:
- Familiarise themselves with all aspects of the APC’s research programmes;
- Apply relevant systems for identifying, monitoring and capturing IP generated through the APC’s research activities;
- Apply University Policy Compliant procedures to ensure technical compliance, reporting and documentation to support IP protection;
- Develop supporting IP database management systems in collaboration with the University’s Technology Transfer Office;
- Support commercialisation by facilitating links between researchers and relevant supports and services;
- Assist the University’s Office of Technology Transfer to develop and co-ordinate relevant IP training for researchers at the APC.
The successful applicant will be specifically responsible for IP arising from APC research and will be based in UCC’s BioTransfer Unit (BTU), an arm of the University’s Technology Transfer Office and will report to the Director of the BTU.
Suitable candidates should have a track record in Bio-related research (preferably to PhD level), have excellent communication and organisational skills and be a good team player. Experience in managing IP in a research or commercial setting will be an advantage.
Salary range: €48,000 - €55,000 per annum commensurate with experience and qualifications.The contract will be for an initial period of 2 years.
For further information contact: Professor Gerald Fitzgerald, Director, BioTransfer Unit.
Tel +353 21 4902730 or email email@example.com
Applications by way of CV, including the names of three referees, to:
Ms Claudia Cashman,
University College Cork.
Closing date:Friday, 24 November 2006