HR Research Interviewing
What to do:
1. Organise a reduced board of assessors (PI and at least one other with knowledge of the post/research area)
2. Retain a record at local level of how decisions were made at short-listing and interview, in the event of a candidate requesting feedback
3. Conduct a reference check on the candidate being nominated for appointment
4. Advise unsuccessful candidates of the outcome
5. Let the successful candidate know they have been recommended for appointment and that they will be contacted by HR regarding a formal offer of appointment
Discussions on salary should not take place until the recommended salary has been fully approved in accordance with University Policy on Research Salary Guidelines.