- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- SEFS HR Resources
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
Change and Transfer Requests
Undergraduate Student Applications
A student wishing to apply for permission to deviate from the standard regulations as detailed in the University Calendar must apply for permission from the College of SEFS using the SEFS Undergraduate Application form(PDF) or the SEFS Undergraduate Application form (Word) Examples of requests include: leave of absence; additional modules (to prescribed degree programme) up to 10 credits (subject to marks not being used for pass or progression); change of module(s)/subject (outside the university closing date); exemptions; replacement of course (e.g. year abroad), entry to intercalated degree programmes (e.g. Physiology), and deviation from three year rule. The application process is as follows:
- Students must make contact with the Head of the relevant School/Department to discuss the application.
- Students must then submit the completed application form to the relevant Head of School/Department
- Students should note monthly closing dates on College/School/Departmental websites.
Undergraduate Student Transfer Applications
A student wishing to transfer between programmes within the College of SEFS and transfers to SEFS programmes from applicants within UCC must complete an application that will be available in semester 2.
The deadline for transfer applications is the last Friday in June every year. Late applications will not be accepted. The criteria for a transfer application is as follows:
- There must be a vacancy in the course for which the student wishes to transfer into
- Students must have passed all years in their current degree
- The courses must be compatible in regards to the modules covered between what the student has studied/is studying and what is taught in the programme applied for
- It is highly unlikely that any applicant would be granted transfer entry into the final year of an undergraduate degree
Please note that a transfer is not guaranteed. All transfer applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis. A decision will not be returned until middle to late August.
Students who wish to transfer programmes are encouraged to speak to the relevant Head of the School/Department of the degree they wish to transfer into to discuss the course content/pre-requisites and compatibility of the transfer application.