Student Supports Available
Student Supports Available
- Supporting UCC Students in 2020/21 - Support Tree showing Student Services
- Examination Appeals Officer – The current Examination Appeals Officer is Mr. Daniel Blackshields. Mr. Blackshields can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 087-1806664
- First Year Experience Co-ordinator – All queries related to degree programmes and options, change of course, withdrawals and flexi-options can be directed to Noirin Deady, First Year Experience Co-ordinator Email email@example.com
- Niteline - Niteline is a confidential telephone listening service run by trained UCC students. Niteline volunteers provide a non-judgemental, non-directive listening ear to UCC students who need to talk. The telephone service operates every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights from 9pm-1am throughout the academic year – Freephone 1800 32 32 42
Student Advisor and Ombudsman - The purpose of the post of Student Advisor and Ombudsman is to advise and assist students with the resolution of difficulties, complaints or grievances involving staff or services of the University in an informal manner. All enquiries to the Student Advisor and Ombudsman will remain confidential, except in cases of serious threat to life or property.
The Student Advisor and Ombudsman is Professor Fred Powell. Professor Powell welcomes enquiries from students by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 021-4902593/4902228. He is located in the School of Applied Social Studies, Ashford (Room 2.01), Donovan's Road.
The services provided for by this post are complementary to a range of existing student services and the Student Advisor and Ombudsman may refer relevant student issues for resolution by those services as appropriate.
Download the Student Ombudsman Terms of Reference
- Student Budgetary Advisor – This service will help UCC students manage their money by delivering workshops on budgeting and providing “one to one” budgetary advice and guidance
- Support Officer for International Students – The Support Officer assists international students with queries or issues they may encounter See profile Ms. Suzanne Buckley - Email: email@example.com
- uLink Peer Support – uLink is a peer support service that assists first year students in their transition to UCC. At orientation every first year is assigned a volunteer peer supporter studying the same programme. Peer supporters are available to answer questions throughout the year
- UCC Skills Centre - The Skills Centre enhances the student experience through the provision of customised workshops and sessions. These sessions will help develop and enhance your essential study skills. We offer a free and friendly place for all UCC students to come and improve their study skills firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCC Works Award - There are 3 pathways: Internship Pathway, Student Life Pathway and Volunteering Pathway - Further details available on the link provided