What Is HEAR Support and the PLUS Programme?
HEAR-eligible students become ACCESS UCC, PLUS Programme Students when they join UCC in their first year.
The PLUS Programme provides a vast range of academic, financial and social support, enabling HEAR Scheme students to participate fully in UCC student life and reach their full potential.
Working with DEIS secondary schools, the UCC PLUS Programme also seeks to target students and provide motivational and educational assistance to them throughout their secondary schooling to enhance their ability to compete for third-level places. Currently, several schools and colleges of further education are linked to the Programme for this purpose.
What Support Can I Get From UCC's PLUS Programme?
- A dedicated Support Officer from the ACCESS UCC PLUS programme to help your transition to university life and onward progress to finishing your degree.
- A customised, mandatory for first-year HEAR students will take place in-person, on-campus (full details will be emailed to you after you receive your CAO offer) with tours of our location in the new HUB building.
- Academic support (if required) in the form of extra tuition.
- Workshops to help you with essay writing, study skills, time management, and money management amongst others.
- Access to a dedicated PLUS Programme student Resource Room in the new HUB building.
- Use of computer equipment including the loan of computer laptops.
- An allocation of free printing credit loaded onto your student card when you register for College, for use in the Resource Room.
- On-going personal support and guidance from academic mentors and the PLUS Programme Staff.
Where Do I Find the PLUS Programme?
The PLUS (Providing Links to Underrepresented School Leavers) Programme is located at the ACCESS UCC Reception, 1st floor, The Hub Building, UCC Main Campus, College Road, Cork, UCC.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, surname and CAO number if you have any queries and we will get back to you within 1-2 working days during regular daytime office hours.