Undergraduate College of SEFS Student Change Applications

Undergraduate College of SEFS Student Change Request Information Chart

College of SEFS Change and Transfer Request Flowchart

Examples of student change requests include:

  • Taking a leave of absence.
  • Taking additional modules.
  • A change of module(s)/subject (outside the university closing date).
  • Getting exemptions (e.g. if you have already covered material on one of your modules through another course/module, you may not need to do it again).
  • Replacement of course (e.g. studying abroad for a year).

The first step towards requesting a change is that you should make contact with the relevant School/Department to discuss the the change you would like to make. Contact the School/Department administration office for details of who you should discuss the change with. Details on how to contact the relevant Schools can be found here:


Unit Academic Unit Rep Contact Info
Bees Mary McSweeney m.mcsweeney@ucc.ie
Biochemistry Margaret Dunlea m.dunlea@ucc.ie
Chemistry Kasia Pyrz kpyrz@ucc.ie
CSIT Joanne Murphy joanne.murphy@ucc.ie
Engineering & Architecture Claire O'Sullivan claire.osull@ucc.e
FNS Anne Cahalane a.cahalane@ucc.ie
Maths Clodagh McAllen cmcallen@ucc.ie
Microbiology Hilda Bohane
Michelle O'Leary
Physics Maraget Bunce m.bunce@ucc.ie
CK402 Emily Chambers
John Morrissey


After consultation with the relevant academic unit you then need to submit a completed application form to your School/Department, to formally request the change. This form can be found here:


College of Science, Engineering and Food Science

Coláiste na hEolaíochta, na hInnealtóireachta agus na hEolaíochta Bia

Block E, Level 3, Food Science Building, UCC, Cork, T12 YN60.