College Executive Management Committee
|Committee Member||Academic Unit|
|Prof. Sarah Culloty (Chair)||Head of College|
|Prof. Cormac Sreenan||School of Computer Science and Information Technology|
|Prof. Mairead Kiely||School of Food and Nutritional Sciences|
|Prof. Rosemary O'Connor||School of Biochemistry & Cell Biology|
|Dr. Jorge Oliveira||School of Engineering and Architecture|
|Prof. Paul O'Toole||School of Microbiology|
|Prof. Kevin Hayes||School of Mathematical Sciences|
|Prof. John McInerney||Department of Physics|
|Dr. Humphrey Moynihan||School of Chemistry|
|Prof. Andrew Wheeler||School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences|
|Dr. Justin McCarthy||Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, College of SEFS|
|Ms. Kate O'Brien||College Manager|
|Ms. Leonie O'Doherty||College Financial Analyst|
|Ms. Helen O'Donoghue||Human Resources Partner|
Terms of Reference
The role of the College Executive Management Committee (CEMC) shall be to advise and assist the Head of College in the leadership and management of the College.
2.1 The membership of the College Management Team is entirely ex officio:
- Head of College, who acts as Chair
- Vice Head(s) of College
- Head of School - Biochemistry & Cell Biology
- Head of School - Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Head of School - Chemistry
- Head of School - Computer Science and Information Technology
- Head of School - Engineering
- Head of School - Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Head of School - Mathematical Sciences
- Head of School - Microbiology
- Head of Department - Physics
- Head of Graduate School
- College Manager
- College Financial Analyst
- Human Resources Partner
2.2 Permission for occasional attendance by named alternates is permissible with the agreement of the Head of College.
2.3 Members of the College or the wider University may be invited to attend for specific agenda items at meetings of the CEMC in order to provide advice and assistance.
3.1 The primary areas of concern to the CEMC include:
- Finance and physical resources
- Human Resources
- Teaching and Learning
- Student support
- Graduate Education
- External Affairs
3.2 It is the specific responsibility of the CEMC to advise and assist the Head of College in the fulfilment of the College Strategic Plan.
4. Meetings, Quorum and Sub-Committees
4.1 Meetings of the CEMC shall be held at least once each month during term time.
4.2 To be quorate, the attendance must be 50% of full members + 1.
4.3 Each Committee established at College level reports in the first instance to the CEMC. The Committee list reporting to the CEMC include:
- SEFS College Management Team
- SEFS International Education Committee
- SEFS Research Committee
- SEFS Outreach Committee
- SEFS Teaching, Learning and Student Experience Committee
- SEFS Graduate Studies Committee
- SEFS Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee
- SEFS College Sabbatical Research Leave Committee
- SEFS Adjunct Appointments Committee
5. Performance Evaluation
5.1 The CEMC shall, at least once a year, review its own performance and its terms of reference and shall report its conclusions and recommend any changes it considers necessary to the College Council.
6.1 The CEMC shall report formally to each meeting of the College Council.
Last revised and approved at agreed CEMC meeting: 19 September 2019
Next review date: September 2021