Orientation - the online welcome experience for new students
Orientation is your formal welcome to UCC. This year (2020) orientation will take place online for the most part. Orientation is an essential part of your journey to becoming a full UCC student. We're here to help you make a successful transition to university life. You are not alone and you won’t be alone in your first year. We are very excited and can’t wait to welcome you to UCC.
Orientation will be in two parts - general orientation and academic orientation.
Before you can take part in orientation, you'll need access to UCC's IT Systems. You will receive your UCC IT password within a day or two of accepting your offer. Once you've completed registration and received your IT password, you will be able to access Canvas, UCC's virtual learning environment.
During academic orientation you will be introduced to the academic side of your university experience, including
- a welcome from some of our leading academics
- learning how your course is structured and what you will learn during your degree
- learning how you will be taught, how exams will take place, what assignments you will get and more
- meet peers and current students from your course
- opportunities to ask questions during live Q&A sessions
- ...and much more!
Academic orientation is unique to each particular programme, so don't forget to check the academic orientation timetable for your course!
Learn about some of the things you can expect to find on your academic orientation below.