- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- Schools and Departments
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- SEFS HR Resources
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
Important Info for All Students
UCC Student Services
Visit the univeristy's Current Student pages
Student Policies and Procedures
Find out more about UCC's Student Policies and Procedures.
The College of Science, Engineering & Food Science (SEFS) hosts Outstanding Lecturer & Outstanding Postgraduate Demonstrator Teaching Awards. This bottom-up initiative sees students identifying and recognising excellence among their lecturers and demonstrators.
Find out more about SEFS Undergraduate Scholars here .
Summer Bursaries for Undergraduate Students
Details of Summer Bursaries can be found here .
NUI Grade DescriptorsA comprehensive description of NUI Grades - NUI Grade Descriptors
Prospective Student Applications & Student Application Process
- Mature Students apply for direct entry through CAO
- HETAC, Non-degree – flexi options (part-time) and Inter-Institutional Transfers applications are made by applying through the Admissions Office
- Applications from Non-EU (full-time/part-time) students complete relevant application forms available from the International Education Office
- Deadlines are set annually by the Admissions Office and International Education Office.
- Decisions on undergraduate student applications are sent by the College of SEFS to the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registrar’s Office communicates the decision to the student.
- Decisions on prospective student applications are sent by the College of SEFS to the Admissions/International Education Office.
- The Admissions/International Education Office communicates the decision to the student.
APPEAL PROCESS (for Undergraduate Students only)
A student wishing to appeal the outcome of a decision must (i) in the first instance, write to the Registrar outlining the reason for the appeal and (ii) send a copy of this correspondence to the Head of College of SEFS. Any additional evidence or information that might alter the decision should be submitted by the student. The appeal will be conducted by the SEFS TLSE committee in consultation with the Head of School/Department. An appeal should be lodged no later than two weeks after notification of the outcome. The decision of the appeal will be communicated in writing by the Registrar's Office.