University College Cork Progress so Far
UCC Progress so Far
UCC Progress so Far:
In 2013, University College Cork gained the HR Excellence in Research Award in recognition of the University’s on-going commitment to adopting the principles of The European Charter for Researchers and a Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. This commitment is echoed in the University’s Research Strategy.
See UCC Letter of Endorsement to Charter and Code
See UCC Renewed Letter of Endorsement to the Charter and Code Renewed Letter of Endorsement
All and Evolving stages to UCC's commitment to this process:
1. UCC conducted an internal analysis - UCC Gap Analysis (619kB) (619kB)
2. UCC published an Action Plan - 2013 Action Plan HRS4R (245kB) (245kB) and other documentation Human Resources Strategy for Researchers Action Plan (1,388kB) (1,388kB)
3. This was acknowledged by the EC via the HR Excellence in Research Award in 2013
4. In 2015 UCC successfully completed the 2 year Self Assessment (356kB) (356kB) and has retained the HR Excellence in Research Award with an evolved action plan for 2015 and onwards Action Plan Table 2015 (452kB) (452kB)
5. A further evaluation will be conducted by external peer review in 2017. See updated Action Plan December 2017 Internal Review Document HRS4R Internal Review2017 (411kB) AppendixDec2017 (201kB) and 2017 OTM-R Checklist (328kB) and UCC OTMR Policy
6. To see the December 2016 Researcher Survey Report please follow this link
7. UCC successfully retained the HR Excellence in Research Award at the Award Renewal Phase in January 2018
8. New Terms of Reference and working group membership HR Excellence in Research Working Group 2018 Terms of Reference HRS4R Working Group
9. HR Excellence in Research Draft Action Plan 2020/2021 - currently being reviewed and updated by the HR Excellence in Research Working Group
Survey Questions 2016
To see the questions asked in UCC's researcher surveys of December 2016 please click Internal Survey 2016 (145kB) (145kB) for the Internal Survey and please click External Survey (165kB) (165kB) for the Where are you now - External Survey. These surveys informed UCC's action plan for the period up to 2020.
Evolved Action Plan
UCC's evolved Action Plan now consists of 65 actions. Many of these are complete but have led to further actions that, when complete, will go a very long way towards the University’s ambition to adopt in full the Principles of the EC Charter and Code for the benefit of its research staff.
The award recognises the progress that has been made in support of researchers in the University, including the introduction of structured PhD programmes, Updated Employment and Career Management Structure for Research Staff2019 the implementation of the University and our on-going commitment to supporting the principles of the European Charter and Code for Researchers. The HR Excellence in Research Award will support our researchers in their proposals to attract international funding and researchers to UCC, and promote the University as providing a favourable working environment for researchers, in addition to increasing the international profile of the University.