- Staff Profiles & Phone Book
- About the Department
- Study Anatomy
- Undergraduate Anatomy
- Postgraduate Anatomy
- Anatomy Postgraduate Taught Studies
- Further learning
- Dental Hygiene
- Clinical Therapies
- Public Health
- Sports studies and Physical Education
- FLAME Laboratory
- Study Neuroscience
- Anatomical Donations
- Biosciences Imaging Centre
- Brightfield and Fluorescence Microscopes
- Confocal Systems
- Electron Microscopes
- Image Analysis
- Microscopy Links
- IMAGE OF THE MONTH
- Recent Imaging Centre Publications
- BSc Medical and Health Sciences
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Anatomy Education Research
Anatomy Education Research
Current research interests include the Use of novel technologies to enhance Anatomy learning.
Assessment of strategies to enhance the Radiology/Anatomy interface.
Assessment of strategies to enhance the Surgery/Anatomy interface.
Anatomy Education Research recent publications
- Lone M, Vagg T, Theocharopoulos A, Cryan JF, Mckenna JP, Downer EJ, Toulouse Development and Assessment of a Three-Dimensional Tooth Morphology Quiz for Dental Students. Anat Sci Educ. 2018 Oct 30. doi: 10.1002/ase.1815. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30378278.
- Lone M, McKenna JP, Cryan JF, Downer EJ, Toulouse A. A Survey of tooth morphology teaching methods employed in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Eur J Dent Educ. 2018 Aug;22(3):e438-e443. doi: 10.1111/eje.12322. Epub 2018 Jan 15. PubMed PMID: 29334421.
- Lone M, McKenna JP, Cryan JF, Vagg T, Toulouse A, Downer EJ. Evaluation of an animation tool developed to supplement dental student study of the cranial nerves. Eur J Dent Educ. 2018 Aug;22(3):e427-e437. doi: 10.1111/eje.12321. Epub 2017 Dec 30. PubMed PMID: 29288542.
- Javaid MA, Chakraborty S, Cryan JF, Schellekens H, Toulouse A. Understanding neurophobia: Reasons behind impaired understanding and learning of neuroanatomy in cross-disciplinary healthcare students. Anat Sci Educ. 2018 Jan;11(1):81-93. doi: 10.1002/ase.1711. Epub 2017 Jun 19. PubMed PMID: 28628732.
- Lone M, McKenna JP, Balta JY, O'Mahony SM, Cryan JF, Downer EJ, Toulouse A. Assessment of Thiel-Embalmed Cadavers as a Teaching Tool for Oral Anatomy and Local Anesthesia. J Dent Educ. 2017 Apr;81(4):420-426. doi: 10.21815/JDE.016.012. PubMed PMID: 28365606.
- Imaging of neurosphere oxygenation with phosphorescent probes Original Research Article Biomaterials, Volume 34, Issue 37, December 2013, Pages 9307-9317. Ruslan I. Dmitriev, Alexander V. Zhdanov, Yvonne M. Nolan, Dmitri B. Papkovsky Perspect Med Educ. 2016 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- The utility of cadaver-based approaches for the teaching of human anatomy: A survey of British and Irish anatomy teachers. Balta JY, Cronin M, Cryan JF, O'Mahony SM.Anat Sci Educ. 2016 Jun 28. doi: 10.1002/ase.1629. [Epub ahead of pri
- Association between learning style preferences and anatomy assessment outcomes in graduate-entry and undergraduate medical students. O'Mahony SM, Sbayeh A, Horgan M, O'Flynn S, O'Tuathaigh CM. Anat Sci Educ. 2016 Jul 8;9(4):391-9. doi: 10.1002/ase.1600.
- Human preservation techniques in anatomy: A 21st century medical education perspective. Balta JY, Cronin M, Cryan JF, O'Mahony SM. Clin Anat. 2015 Sep;28(6):725-34. doi: 10.1002/ca.22585. Review.
- Medical student perceptions of radiology use in anatomy teaching. Murphy KP, Crush L, O'Malley E, Daly FE, Twomey M, O'Tuathaigh CM, Maher MM, Cryan JF, O'Connor OJ. Anat Sci Educ. 2014 Dec 16. doi: 10.1002/ase.1502. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25516061
- Relevance of anatomy to medical education and clinical practice: perspectives of medical students, clinicians, and educators.Sbayeh A, Qaedi Choo MA, Quane KA, Finucane P, McGrath D, O'Flynn S, O'Mahony SM, O'Tuathaigh CM.