Support Services for Foreign Nationals
There is a range of support services for foreign nationals in Ireland, such as the following:
- There are a number of that provide consular services to nationals of their country. These services include advice and practical help with travel documentation. If you lose your passport or travel documentation when you are in Ireland, you will need to contact your country’s embassy or consulate.
- The Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI) is an independent, national organisation which supports migrants coming to Ireland for purposes such as work, study, family reunification, self-employment or to visit. The ICI provides an information service and a limited legal service to immigrants.
- The Migrant Rights Centre (MRC) is a national organisation which provides support to migrant workers and their families.
- NASC provides a free advocacy service for migrants.
- Citizens Information is a comprehensive source of information on public services in Ireland. Information is available on issues such as residence rights, employment rights, health services, housing, social security entitlements and general information about moving to Ireland.