Employee ID Cards
1. It is the policy of the University to issue all employees with Staff Identification Cards. This policy outlines the guidelines for the processing and distribution of all Staff Identification Cards and includes the services available to staff ID card holders.
2. These guidelines and procedures apply to all employees and pensioners of the University.
3. Identification Cards contain the employee's name, picture, identification number, and job category.
4. Identification cards are issued to all employees and pensioners of the University. Cards are issued by the Department of Human Resources.
5. Identification cards are the property of the University. Lost/stolen cards should be reported to the Department of Human Resources. A replacement fee of €5 shall apply in the case of lost/stolen cards.
6. Identification cards are provided for appropriate use for identification and access to services. The ID card gives employees access to University facilities such as the library. The ID card is also used in conjunction with the UCC Employee Advantage scheme which provides staff discounts to staff and pensioners.
7. The card is not transferable and is valid only as long as the holder continues his/her employment with the University. Any misuse, alteration or fabrication of the card may subject the holder to disciplinary action by the University.
8. Identification cards must be returned to the University when employment ceases. On leaving the University the card is deactivated once the staff member is removed from payroll.
PROCEDURES - How to get your UCC staff ID card
9. On commencement of employment, a new employee will be issued with an Identification Card on the return of all completed documentation to the Department of Human Resources.
10. Once completed employment documentation is returned to Department of Human Resources, staff members will be set up on the Core HR system and assigned a staff number.
11. Staff should contact HR Reception at ext 3603 or firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a suitable time to attend HR for a photograph and to receive their card.