- Researcher Spotlight Series
- Research Committee
- APC Microbiome Institute
- Biosciences Imaging Centre
- Centre for Gerontology & Rehabilitation
- Centre for Research in Vascular Biology
- Cork NeuroScience Centre
- Cancer Research @UCC
- HRB Clinical Research Facility Cork
- National Perinatal Epidemiology Centre
- Oral Health Services Research Centre
- HRB Centre for Health & Diet Research
- ENTO (Ear, Nose, Throat and Oral Research Unit)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Hospital Partners
- Community Partners
- Jennings Gallery
- Graduate Studies
- Postgraduate Programmes
- News & Events
- Postgraduate Supports
- Policies and Procedures
- Postgraduate Student Committee
- Supervisor Information
- Postgraduate Skills Development
- Student Testimonials
- Research Funding and Travel Bursaries
- Programmes for International (Non-EU) Students
- iEd Hub
- Inaugural Lecture Series
CoMH Postgraduate Student Committee launch a new Handbook for Graduate Students: ‘Coming to Cork’.
We are delighted to launch a new handbook entitled Graduate Students: ‘Coming to Cork’, hosted on the COMH Graduate Studies webpage and also avaialble to download here Graduate Students - Coming to Cork 2023.
Researched and compiled by students on the Postgraduate Student Committee in the College of Medicine and Health, it is especially valuable for international students who are new to Cork and to UCC.
The handbook includes useful information and tips for Arriving in Ireland, Housing in Cork, Personal Public Service Number (PPSN), Revenue, Money and Tax, Public and Personal Transport, Irish Mobile Phones, Health, Health Insurance, Shopping Places, Culture, National Holidays, as well as information related to the postgraduate student journey and supports in UCC.
I invite you to peruse and share this handbook with prospective and recently registered graduate students as well as with colleagues who are active in supporting out graduate students.
Congratulations to the Postgraduate Student Committee for preparing this extremely useful resource for graduate students in UCC!
Postgraduate Student Committee (past and present): Michael Vaughan, Clodagh Byron, Caoimhe Lynch, Edel Burton, Joanna Cruz Pereira, Aileen Calahan, Ketki Mulay, Joan Osayande, Michael Neary, Jodi Cronin, Elizabeth Greene, Caroline Egan, Elizabeth Bodunde, Pawel Hursztyn, Allison Mula, Leanne Ahern, Rie Matsuzaki, David Healy, Carol Stephens, Patricia Flynn, Brice Cortadi, Jasmine Radwan, Jane Hurley.
Professor Yvonne Nolan
Vice Dean of Graduate Studies, College of Medicine and Health