- HR Information System
- Pay & Benefits
- Performance Management
- Probation & Establishment
- HR Research
- Researcher Careers
- On-Line Sessions for Research Staff
- Post Doc Development Hub
- The Odyssey Programme UCC
- Mentoring for New Research Staff
- Research Orientation
- Senior Research Recruitment
- Hosting Agreements
- Wellbeing & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Garda Vetting
1. The University provides paid Training Leave for staff members attending full-time or parttime courses required by the University if the demands of the Department allow. Training Leave applies to all Short Courses (Internal and External) and Conferences which an employee may be required to attend, eg Computer Training, Health & Safety, Short Conferences.
2. Full-time and part-time staff, on permanent and temporary contracts, are eligible for Training Leave on approved courses and short conferences.
3. The following should be considered when selecting a training course or short conference:
o The experience, skills and knowledge that you have already acquired, your strengths and the areas in which you need to develop
o The relevance of the training course or conference to your job o The areas of personal development the course aims to deal with
o The opportunities for you to incorporate information/skills gained into your work
o The possible areas that could lead to job enhancement now or in the future
o The goals/targets for future learning and development which you have set for yourself It is important that information/skills gained at such training courses or short conferences are integrated into the workplace as soon as possible. Staff members will need to consider (possibly in consultation with the Manager/Head of Department) how work can be adapted to enable further reinforcement of skills.
4. Application for Training Leave is made by completing a Special Leave Form, which must be approved by the Head of Department. The form is then forwarded to the Department of Human Resources and Organisational Development.
CONTACT: Training and Development Unit, ext 3591