Verbal Communication workshop
Verbal Communication for the International Workplace
This workshop will be offered a number of times each year. Future dates and time tbc. The workshop will last 90 minutes.
- identify features of spoken language use, whether English is your first or an additional language.
- understand and reflect on the linguistic challenges facing both staff and students in an international workplace and learning environment.
- adapt your spoken language use in everyday situations from formal to informal registers.
- prevent and repair communication breakdown using a variety of techniques to ensure clear understanding with staff and students.
- An excellent workshop to help us achieve greater clarity, even when talking to first-language English speakers from different regions
- Time well spent for anyone whose work involves communication with non-native English speakers.
- This workshop really made me reflect on some of the language that English speakers regularly use that can be confusing for non-native speakers as many phrases don't translate.
- Definitely worth doing, very useful to see how even simple turns of phrase or unnecessary padding in a sentence can undermine the communication.