Event Details (RW2019)
UCC in conjunction with CRAOL and Community Radio Youghal are running a Radio Skills course to coincide with Refugee Week, January 21 to 25th 2019. The free course is available to those currently living in Direct Provision Accommodation Centres.
This course aims to empower learners to express themselves through broadcast media, including a practical introduction to the use of radio as a medium for expression and the importance of active engagement with media.
Learners will be able to:
- Identify the various media outlets available to them and the barriers to media expression;
- Understand the various techniques and production approaches that are used by the media;
- Use recording and IT equipment for media expression;
- Work in teams to prepare and record a short radio programme;
- Explore how audiences are targeted and use media
Duration, Time & Venue of the Course:
The course is 30 hours made up of workshops and homework. The emphasis throughout is on practical skills for media expression, with participants producing a number of pieces that reflect their learning.
Start Date: 21st January
Each day six hours 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm for five days. There may be one extra day in the radio station to make a radio programme for a radio show.
How is the Course Assessed?
The course is assessed by Portfolio containing 5 pieces of work carried out during the course.
This course is a nationally accredited course leading to a QQI Level 3 Media Expression (Minor Award) on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Contact for more details: Gertrude Cotter (email@example.com)
Free - will run subject to 12 participants. Organised by UCC in conjunction with CRAOL and Community Radio Youghal