What is the scholarship and who is it for?
The application process for a UCC Sanctuary Scholarship for 2023 entry to an undergraduate degree are open now for 2023 entry.
The scholarship includes:
- Fee waiver
NB: Accommodation is not included in this award.
The scholarship is open to candidates who are:
- asylum seekers or refugees
- ineligible for State educational supports
- living within commutable distance from UCC
- in receipt of an offer of place at UCC for an undergraduate degree through the CAO*
*To apply you just must have made a CAO application and be able to provide a CAO number on your form. An offer of place is required if you are to take up a scholarship offer.
Scholarships will not be offered to those who already hold a university or college degree.
The process in 2023 is as follows:
- The application form (part one) is open now.
It is in two parts:
- Part 1 covers your personal details and eligibility criteria (see below);
- Part 2 covers your personal statement and is not submitted until you have an offer of place in UCC through the CAO.
Should there be more applicants than scholarships on offer, decisions will be made based on the personal statement.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
UCC Sanctuary Scholarships 2023 (undergraduate degrees) - Application Form Part 1 - open until 5 p.m. June 1st 2023
Admissions Office Guide
A very good source of information about attending college if you are a refugee or asylum seeker is the Admissions Office 'Refugees and Asylum Seekers Guide'.