Find out More
Applicants (1) must be under 23 years of age on 1st January 2018; (2) Be an asylum seeker or a programme refugee who is not eligible for the Free Fees scheme (3) Apply through to the CAO by May 1st 2018 for undergraduate courses in UCC using a valid FETAC or Leaving Certificate route (international school leaver qualifications may also be considered) (4) Meet the entry requirements for their chosen undergraduate course (5) Apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship by June 29th 2018. For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The scholarship application form is now available online at https://goo.gl/forms/CDU6agWcYZuscfCw1 [NB Only online applications will be accepted.]
- You should ask for help from your academic mentor with Section 8 of the form - the personal statements. If you have not been assigned an academic mentor by UCC, please complete and submit the Pre-application Forms below to email@example.com and one will be assigned to you.
- It would be best to send your draft personal statements via email to your mentor, and to finalise your statements before copying them into the form for final submission by closing date June 29th.
- Using the CAO change of mind facility wisely may help you to gain a better chance of gaining entry into UCC. We would encourage you to apply for as many UCC courses as possible, depending on your interests and eligibility. The CAO change of mind facility is open until July 1st here: https://www.cao.ie/?page=aboutCOM
- The entry requirements for Irish Leaving Certificate applicants for UCC undergraduate courses are here https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/entryreqs/leavingcertificate/
- The entry requirements for Irish FETAC level 5 applicants for UCC undergraduate courses are here https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/fetac/
Please note that your application won't be disadvantaged if the UCC course discussed in your personal statements is not the UCC course you are offered in the end. Any personal statements about coming to UCC should focus on your first preference UCC course, and not on other UCC courses you have applied for. Application marks will be awarded and checked by members of the Sanctuary Scholarship Committee.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.