- About the EDI Unit
- News & Events
- EDI Training Hub
- Equality & Covid-19
- Equality Committee
- Gender Identity and Expression
- #ProgressWithPride @UCC - Rainbow Walkway
- Sexual Violence and Harassment Framework
- Speak Out
- Understanding the Equal Status Grounds
- University of Sanctuary
- Further Links
- Athena SWAN
RW2022 Live Events - Thursday
Live on Thursday:
Learning to Live
The Learning to Live project was an Erasmus+ funded initiative that aimed to support migrant and refugee students in Higher Ed in Europe. The Irish team created a web-hub which we hope will be a useful “one-stop shop” resource for staff and students in higher education who are looking for resources to support vulnerable migrants. In addition, we undertook a qualitative piece of work speaking to students concerned and hearing their perspectives. The Learning to Live team look forward to telling you all about this innovative project.
Sanctuary Scholarships 2022
Join us for an information session on the 2022 Sanctuary Scholarships for undergraduate degrees starting in 2022/23.
Anne-Marie Curtin, coordinator of the degree scholarships application process for Sanctuary UCC will be on hand in the Hub Active Learning Space (G12) on Thursday 24th from 13:00-14:00 to answer your questions.
Soundseekers Audio Festival
UCC Refugee Week Conference 2022
UCC Fáilte Refugees Society proudly present the 4th Annual UCC Refugee Week Conference. This year's conference will bring together asylum seekers, activists, and organizations to discuss the theme of Irish identity today and as they see it in the future. Confirmed speakers are:
- Pearl Natasha - Zimbabwean-Irish Singer-Songwriter
- Izzedeen Alkarajeh - CEO of Izz Café
- Deborah Oniah - Lawyer, Writer, PGDip Trauma Studies UCC Sanctuary Scholar and Dialogue Facilitator
- Amanda Adewole -Creative Director of Black & Irish
- Dr Naomi Masheti - Director of the Cork Migrant Centre
- John Lannon - CEO of Doras, Valerie Linehan - Operations Manager of Translate Ireland
- Dr Eileen Hogan UCC Lecturer in Social Policy, Secretary and Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Youth Work Ireland Cork
Tickets are free however there will be an option to donate to the participating organisations on arrival.