Mark Text File Format for import
Import TEXT File – Discoverer Report Templates
- The Import Marks Screen in DMIS points users towards to location for generating Import Mark File Templates.
- To access the DMIS Discoverer Reports, select the option – Reports – Generate Discoverer Report.
- Selecting the Generate Discoverer Report menu option will produce a New Internet Explorer Browser Tab Window which is entitled – Enter connection details.
- Your DMIS User Id will be automatically populated for you. Your password is your DMIS password.
All other input fields on the login screen do not need to be modified.
- Once successfully logged into the Discoverer Report section of DMIS, locate the Report Section named – IMPORT MARKS TEMPLATES:
- Click the Plus Sign in the Blue Triangle to Expand out the list of available reports.
- To generate an Import Marks Template, enter the Academic Year, Module Code and Exam Month.
- Pressing the Go button will produce a list of all students, by either Student Id or Exam Number, that are registered for the Module and Exam month.
- The list of Student Ids or Exam Numbers will relate to a specific Element Code that is setup in your Module Structure.
Example – The Template produced for HI2015 – Month 5 – is for the EX Element Code. This matches the Element Code that has been specified in the Element Structure.
- Import Marks Templates can be exported from the Discoverer Reports application to create TXT tab delimited files, which are used in the Mark Uploading.
- See Entering Student Marks – By Student List & Module Element for a more detailed breakdown of the data formatting / structure of a file that is to be used to upload Marks to DMIS.