Senior Executive Assistant, , NAIRTL (Contract)
Senior Executive Assistant, National Academy for Integration of Research & Teaching & Learning (NAIRTL) (Contract Post)
Click here to download Particulars of Post >> Senior Executive Assistant, National Academy for Integration of Research & Teach (170kB)
Senior Executive Assistant, National Academy for Integration of Research & Teaching & Learning (NAIRTL)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified members of staff for the above whole-time temporary post. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a wide range of administrative, secretarial and clerical duties. Applicants who will have been appointed to posts in UCC via the Executive Assistant panel, should have proficiency in word-processing skills, particularly in the areas of speed, accuracy and presentation. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an ability to demonstrate an aptitude for computerised systems will also be necessary.
NAIRTL is a SIF funded collaborative project between University College Cork (Lead Partner), CIT, NUI Galway, TCD and WIT. The Academy proposes to support graduate students, researchers and academic staff to implement and advance effective research-informed teaching and learning practices for diverse audiences.
Principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provision of administrative, secretarial and other support to the National Academy
- Organisation and maintenance of an effective filing system
- Maintenance of an Access database
- Managing the Academy’s website
- Such other duties as assigned by the NAIRTL Project Manager
Candidates should have experience at Executive Assistant level and will have been appointed via the Executive Assistant panel. Candidates should also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in word-processing skills, particularly in the areas of speed, accuracy and presentation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an ability to demonstrate an aptitude for computerised systems will also be necessary;
- Excellent computer, organisation and communication skills;
- Administrative experience in a busy working environment is essential;
- A high level of motivation and a capacity to work to strict deadlines as part of a team.
Salary scale: €29,625 – €43,533 (Scale B)
Interested candidates are welcome to contact Jennifer Murphy, Project Manager on ext. 5103 firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the post.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Department of Human Resources
University College Cork
Tel: 021 4903690 / Fax 021 4276995 / Email: email@example.com
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications: Friday, 30th November 2007