Senior Executive Assistant, Dept. English (JobShare Permanent)
Senior Executive Assistant, Dept. of English (JobShare Permanent Post)
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, DEPT. OF ENGLISH (JobShare Permanent Post)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified internal applicants for the above permanent job-sharing position. The appointee will undertake duties at the discretion of the Head of Department and work under the supervision of the Department Manager.
The duties assigned will include:
- Managing the day-today activities of the departmental office
- Assist in the provision of an efficient administrative service to the department.
- To maintain efficient computerised and manual filing systems.
- Set up and maintain module examination structures on DMIS.
- Record all continuous assessment and examination results on DMIS and present the results to the departmental examination board in a comprehensive broadsheet format.
- To arrange exam locations and invigilators for all Continuous Assessment exams.
- Liaising with departments, schools and outside institutions.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Selection Criteria: Decisions made at short listing and interview will be based on the following criteria:-
- Extensive administrative and secretarial experience and a thorough knowledge of College procedures and UCC systems such as ITS, DMIS, Blackboard etc.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience in administration support for undergraduate and taught postgraduate degrees
- Experience in Department web management and updating
Salary scales: €26,788-€39,365 (Scale A) / €28,198-€41,436 (Scale B)
For full details of this post see attached document.
Closing date: Friday 9th February 2007
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Department of Human Resources,
University College Cork.
Tel: 021 4903073/ Fax 021 4276995 / Email: email@example.com
Application Form: http://hradmin.ucc.ie/docs/AppForm.doc