Foreperson Grounds, Buildings & Estates
Foreperson - Grounds, Buildings & Estates
Click here to download Particulars of Post >> Foreperson - Grounds, Buildings & Estates (39kB)
FOREPERSON - GROUNDS, BUILDINGS & ESTATES OFFICE
Applications are invited for the above whole-time permanent post in the Buildings & Estates Department. This working foreperson position will encompass Grounds Operative duties with the added responsibility of organising, co-ordinating and prioritising daily work activities under the supervision of and in consultation with the Grounds Supervisor. A full clean drivers licence is required.
The successful candidate will have
- Relevant training and a number of years experience in Grounds maintenance required.
- Good leadership, communication and organisational skills required.
- Will be trained and experienced in all matters of grounds maintenance including ;
- Turf and plant care.
- Safe use and maintenance of all grounds equipment.
- Safe and appropriate use of horticultural chemicals.
- A full, clean, driver’s licence.
- A FAS Safepass card will be a requirement of the position.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) are required
- Knowledge of working at heights, scaffolding erection and use of MEWP’s would also be an advantage
For full details of this post see attached document.
Appointment will be within the following weekly salary scales depending on service experience: €573.84 - €593.03 (Scale A)€598.14- €618.63 (scale B)
In addition, the rate of differential for Foreperson is 15%
Completed application forms should be returned to Department of Human Resources, University College Cork.
Tel: 021 4903073 / Fax 021 4276995Email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 27 April 2007.
Application Form: http://hradmin.ucc.ie/docs/AppForm.doc