Courses We Offer
Update during the Covid-19 Pandemic
FITU continue to respond to the COVID-19 Government recommendations. All FITU Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate Courses continue to run. Registration is now open for the September 2020 start date. Where face-to-face lectures are not possible, online material and online lectures will be provided. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The Food Industry Training Unit offers a range of courses designed to update skills, help people develop their careers and operate more effectively. Our goal is is to deliver higher calibre, informative and engaging content that will help people develop personally and professionally. If you would like to find out more about our Diploma, Certificate, short or bespoke courses please contact a member of our team. If you would like to stay up to date with the different courses and events on offer please join our mailing list by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.
Complete Short Course List for 2020
If you don't see what you are looking for then just contact us using the details below and we can discuss a bespoke option tailored to your needs.
- Food Safety and Quality Audits - A Practical Approach
- Thermal Processing
- Food Process Engineering Principles
- Ice Cream Science and Technology
- Cheese Science & Technology
- Blas na hEireann/UCC Lecture Series: Marketing of Speciality/Artisan Foods - A Focus on Digital Marketing
- The Science of Confectionery Processing and Manufacture Training Workshop
- Production Supervisory Training Programme
- Blas na hEireann/UCC Lecture Series: Business Planning & Distribution
- ICOS/UCC Course: The Sustainability Challenges Facing the Irish Dairy Industry
- Cleaning in Place
- Manufacturing Area Cleaning (including deep cleaning) for the Food Industry
- Lean Yellow Belt
- Lean Green Belt
- Foundation Skills in Management
- Bespoke Training