Courses we offer
The Food Industry Training Unit offers a range of courses designed to update skills, help people develop their careers and operate more effectively. Our goal is is to deliver higher calibre, informative and engaging content that will help people develop personally and professionally. If you would like to find out more about our Diploma, Certificate, short or bespoke courses please contact a member of our team. If you would like to stay up to date with the different courses and events on offer please join our mailing list by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.
Click on this link for our brochure FITU Brochure
Certificate and Diploma Courses
Click on the boxes below to view our accredited part-time courses which range from Level 7 Diploma to Level 9 Postgraduate Certificate.
Many of our courses offer a digital badge. A digital badge is a micro-credential, which is awarded to a participant upon successful completion of a course. The digital badge holds information in relation to the course, the topics covered, the skills acquired, the year it was achieved, and the awarding institution. UCC's digital badges are referred to as open badges which allows them to be displayed on your online/e-portfolio to support continued professional development.
Complete Short Course List for 2023/2024
If you don't see what you are looking for then just contact us using the details below and we can discuss a bespoke option tailored to your needs.
- Food Safety and Quality Audits - A Practical Approach
- Thermal Processing
- Food Process Engineering Principles
- Ice Cream Science and Technology
- Introduction to the Manufacture and Science of Cheese
- Cheese Science & Technology
- Concentration and Drying
- Production Supervisory Training Programme
- Fundamental Course in Cleaning in Place for the Food Industry
- Fundamental Course in Cleaning in Place for the Food Industry (U.K.)
- Advanced training course in cleaning in place (CIP) for the food industry
- "Area Cleaning and Sanitisation" and its applications in the food industry
- The Science of Confectionery Processing and Manufacture Training Workshop
- Blas na hEireann/UCC Lecture Series: Business Planning & Distribution
- Blas na hEireann/UCC Lecture Series: Marketing of Speciality/Artisan Foods - A Focus on Digital Marketing
- Lean Yellow Belt
- Lean Green Belt
- Rejuvenate (upskilling women returning to the workforce)
- Foundation Skills in Management
- Bespoke Training
Click below to download the Calendar of Short Courses
Calendar of Short Courses for 2023
We understand that from time-to-time unexpected events arise which may cause you to have to cancel your place on our course/programme. If you find yourself in this situation, we ask that you make contact with us as soon as possible so another participant may be offered a place on the course/programme.
Please see below details relating to our cancellation policy:
Cancellations or withdrawals made 14 days or more in advance of the course/programme will be offered a full refund of the course costs. Cancellations made up to 7 days in advance of the course/programme will receive a 50% refund of the course costs. Cancellations which are made less than 7 days in advance of a course/programme, or during the programme, will not receive any refund of the course/programme costs. In the event that the Food Industry Training Unit (UCC) cancels a course/programme, 100% of the course costs will be refunded.
This policy applies regardless of invoicing in advance or after a course.
Symposiums, Conferences and Meetings
Erasmus+ Dairy Centre of Vocational Excellence Summer School and Sumposium 19-23 June 2023
AEDIL General Assembly 11-12 September 2023
IMGC international annual symposium September 2023
SDT Autumn conference 2023 23-24 November 2023 “Digitialisation in Dairy”
For further information on organising your conference or event with the Food Industry Training Unit, please contact:
Dr Amy-Jane Troy, firstname.lastname@example.org