Explore This Page
Read the rules of the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science.
College Committees & Steering Groups
- College Assembly
- College Council
- College Executive Management Committee
- College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee (APCD)
- College Graduate Studies Committee (GSC)
- College Research Committee (RC)
- College Teaching learning and Student Experience Committee (TLSE)
- College Student Recruitment and Outreach Committee (SRO)
- College Sabbatical Research Leave Committee
- College of SEFS Adjunct Appointments Committee
- International Education Committee
- College Postgraduate Committee
- SEFS Athena SWAN Steering Group
UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
Teagasc and UCC enjoy a long history of collaboration in food science and technology to the benefit of the food and related industries in Ireland. There is now a need to build greater scientific critical mass and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our two organisations in the use of public funding and in underpinning innovation in the food industry. To this end, UCC and Teagasc have agreed to establish a formal Strategic Alliance in Food Research. We welcome this strengthening of the bonds between our two organisations. We see this Alliance as addressing all of the key strategic objectives of recent policy statements in relation to the development of the Smart Economy and as a critical resource supporting Ireland’s largest indigenous industry. We believe that the Alliance will bring an already vibrant interaction between Teagasc and UCC to a new and higher level and will create a ‘Food Hub’ which will enhance Ireland’s reputation as a world centre for fundamental and applied research focused on excellence, innovation, development of human capital and technology transfer to industry. We thank all involved in the internal working groups in bringing the Alliance to fruition, and in particular we thank Professor Michael Dowling who chaired the Joint Working Group and who now chairs the Steering Committee which is preparing a work plan and management framework for the implementation of the Strategic Alliance.
Research and Innovation Strategy
- Focus on three main thematic areas:
- Food & Health
- Food Science & Technology
- Food & the Consumer
- Apply combined technology platforms supporting the research agenda.
- Develop new programmes in consultation with stakeholders
The Alliance will:
- Establish a single portal for food companies in Ireland enabling them to more easily access the world-class research and innovation expertise in both organisations.
- Establish a common food research and innovation programme in consultation with industry and government agencies.
- Strengthen collaborative research, including postgraduate training, and create a critical mass of expertise across Food Science, Technology, Nutrition, Health and Business.
- Facilitate sharing of the very considerable research infrastructure in the two organisations.
- Enhance Ireland’s reputation as a world centre for fundamental and applied food research.